Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did new wheels and tires went to 20x8.5 front and 20x10.5 on the rear with 255/50/20 all around but I feel a shake in the wheel pretty subtle after rebalance and hub rings any suggestions? Also I know I’m going to get grilled for have the same size tire on two different wheel sizes

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
Based on that info I think you may have two different tire diameters front and rear. Did you confirm that the diameters of the front and rear tires are the same? They have to be or you'll tear up your AWD. I am not sure the wheel width difference is enough to achieve that, but it's critical.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Based on that info I think you may have two different tire diameters front and rear. Did you confirm that the diameters of the front and rear tires are the same? They have to be or you'll tear up your AWD. I am not sure the wheel width difference is enough to achieve that, but it's critical.
The OP drives FWD MO. Is there an AWD function with an FWD vehicle? Just asking!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just did new wheels and tires went to 20x8.5 front and 20x10.5 on the rear with 255/50/20 all around but I feel a shake in the wheel pretty subtle after rebalance and hub rings any suggestions? Also I know I’m going to get grilled for have the same size tire on two different wheel sizes
Just curious why two different wheel sizes? Form vs Function......? Just curious...!

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
The OP drives FWD MO. Is there an AWD function with an FWD vehicle? Just asking!
I don't see any note in the post about it being a FWD model. No apologies here - giving complete info when posting helps to generate more helpful and accurate responses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes rim diameter is the same width is different

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just don't get why people buy a Murano then try to make something out of it that it is not.
Muranos are definitely not high performance 4x4 off road monsters or show cars.
Just like V6 Mustangs are not Shelby GT500 no matter how you dress them.
I know it's your car so do what you want.. but really?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just don't get why people buy a Murano then try to make something out of it that it is not.
Muranos are definitely not high performance 4x4 off road monsters or show cars.
Just like V6 Mustangs are not Shelby GT500 no matter how you dress them.
I know it's your car so do what you want.. but really?
Umm want it to look nice not sure what this has to do with my question bud. Not trying to make it something it’s not 100% sure I noted that above saying that’s it’s underpowered no towing capacity but I put stock size diameter wheels on and was wanting to know if anyone would know where a shake came from. Matter of fact imma boost it swap a 6 speed into it yeah and then I’m gonna lower it on coil overs yeaaaahhh. Oooo wait no I think I’m gonna do a 6 inch lift throw some mud tires on it and go to ******** with paychecks.

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
Title says FWD
Ah, thank you! After a bit of research, I found a wheel width recommendation on this website: 255/50R20 Tires

I found a recommendation that: "Generally they are approved to be mounted on 7-9" wide wheels."

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
69 Posts
I might suggest road force balancing the wheels and tires, but if the wheels and/or tires are Chinese no-name junk, they may not balance. 2-foot wide wheels on the rear of an FWD vehicle are particularly confusing to me and will be difficult to balance as well as loading wheel bearings in a bad way.

"Modifications" should enhance the function of a vehicle, not create new problems. I suppose it will look cool in the high school parking lot to some people.

Reactions: PaulDay

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
Just be aware that the tires on the rear wheels you have are not a recommended fit.

As they say, caveat emptor.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I might suggest road force balancing the wheels and tires, but if the wheels and/or tires are Chinese no-name junk, they may not balance. 2-foot wide wheels on the rear of an FWD vehicle are particularly confusing to me and will be difficult to balance as well as loading wheel bearings in a bad way.

"Modifications" should enhance the function of a vehicle, not create new problems. I suppose it will look cool in the high school parking lot to some people.
The OP has already answered: "Not much function low powered FWD SUV with minimal towing capability so definitely going for form"......It is like you fall in love with a girl who has a beautiful face and marry her. Then, you realize she has small breasts and not much of a round butt, so you suggest breast implant, butt implant, etc. The girl is still the same girl but you are trying to change her form to justify why you married her in the first place......I am just trying to add more character to this forum..........:p

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
69 Posts
I'd guess that it's Mom's car and will note that a Murano already has the styling equivalent of fake breasts and butt... The wheels are like bad stripper platform heels that are almost unwalkable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious how much room you had in the rear? Im thinking 20x10.5 275/45/20 square setup on my AWD, but this sounds a little extreme and concerned about fitment. Limited amount of feedback online, most guys going 20x9 275/45/20.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kind of amazing how a member asks for advice/input on a problem with their vehicle yet gets a lot of jerk feedback like opinions about why they should be modding their car at all. I get similar static when people ask me why I modded a Chrysler convertible and the answer is simple. I like the car I want it to look how I want it to look. Do I give a rat's tail that its not a Hellcat Challenger? NO (not to mention a Hellcat wouldn't get my mpg if it fell off a cliff) I think lifted trucks with squat rear ends looks silly or diesels with tail pipes big enough to swallow small animals, but its theirs and if it turns their crank, so be it. So what if the OP bought a set of staggered wheels because he likes the look? He just wants to solve the vibration problem so he can enjoy driving it...is that so much to ask? Who gives a crap if its not a Porsche? I've noticed going to Cars & Coffee how people are so much less like to smart off in person like they do behind a keyboard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts