Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dont like vent clips. Vent fins are not designed for the extra weight.

Whats the best phone holders people use. I also don't want to mount anything to the windshield.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

L_S

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
Reactions: Kand2010

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
From the Amazon link info, I don't think it even comes with a 3M self-sticking metal plate to affix to the back of your phone or a phone cradle (but maybe "1 Bracket and 1 Lead the Diskette" is the stick plate). I haven't bought a phone in the last 15 years that had a metal backing/case, but I don't use iphones and have no idea if their cases are metal. If you need metal mounting plates for your phones/cases, the below link is a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
Questions:
That says its for a Rogue. Is Rogue vents set up same as Murano?

Does it require a metal phone case, does it come with a metal disk for placing inside mycase or does the phone itself have enough metal in it?
The Murano and Rogue use that same parts in that area, so it fits without an issue.

The model shown features the magnet and includes metal plates that stick to the back of your phone. If you look at the listing, you can choose from three different phone holder styles for the holder base.

I have a heavier phone in a leather case, so I found a phone holder that featured a larger stronger magnet and swapped out the magnet holder for the larger one. It holds it without any issues. Do a quick search, I just posted a few photos of my setup.

Have a good day.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cryogenix1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some folks may NOT want to ante up for this..around $40 bucks and up, BUT I received this as a gift for my Murano. WeatherTech CupFone (fits in the cup holder). Works really well as long as you don't mind giving up one of the cup holders...lol It has a heavy base and keeps the phone stable, so even taking a turn at speed won't cause the phone or the CupFone to tip over + it's in a great position to make and answer calls, but may not be ideal for those with the Murano who prefer to use their phone as a GPS Navi. Thankfully, the in-dash Navi in my SV model works great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. I wasn't willing to give up a cup holder. No way! Been trying to figure out where to place.... it... ever since I bought the Morano; and I found it!! My sidearm fits perfectly in my cup holders. With a neodyn magnetic holster; its right where I need it!

That being said. I want to get rid of the magnetic phone holder head, as the steel plate blocks my wireless charger. Keep the mount and find a standard cradle. Anyone have a good standard "cradle" replacement for the magnetic head that fits the mount? I will mail $1 to anyone who find a workable solution if you choose to accept said dollar.

L_S

·
Registered
2019 Murano SL
5 Posts
I really dont like vent clips. Vent fins are not designed for the extra weight.

Whats the best phone holders people use. I also don't want to mount anything to the windshield.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

L_S
EVERY car I buy gets a Pro Clip...
They are expensive but they are simply the best...
Custom fit for your specific car...custom fit for your specific phone...they are two piece...
You will feel as tho it came with your car from the factory...NOT added on...

We just bought a 2019 MO and I ordered the "car" piece and it will arrive today...
I will screw my existing "phone" piece to it and clip it in...securely...
No drilling...no damage to the car...but securely fastened...

Here's a link if you are interested... ProClip USA | Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
Yep. I wasn't willing to give up a cup holder. No way! Been trying to figure out where to place.... it... ever since I bought the Morano; and I found it!! My sidearm fits perfectly in my cup holders. With a neodyn magnetic holster; its right where I need it!

That being said. I want to get rid of the magnetic phone holder head, as the steel plate blocks my wireless charger. Keep the mount and find a standard cradle. Anyone have a good standard "cradle" replacement for the magnetic head that fits the mount? I will mail $1 to anyone who find a workable solution if you choose to accept said dollar.

L_S
If you go back to the Amazon item, you can select one of the non-magnetic holders that will hold the phone from the sides and bottom so no need to add the metal plate to the back of your phone.

What I like about this clip is that just about any holder that uses the "Socket & Ball" design for mounting to the clip will fit. Once you see a holder style that fits your needs, all you have to do is buy it and swap out the holder and you're good to go.

Can't get any more custom than that.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks PaulDay! Looking at a couple but want to ask if you have any recommendations for a good one? The ones that have reviews have poor reviews.

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
Thanks PaulDay! Looking at a couple but want to ask if you have any recommendations for a good one? The ones that have reviews have poor reviews.

I found this that seems to meet all your requirements:

Amazon.com: Wireless Car Charger,Phone Holder for Nissan Rogue 2015-2020, Windshield Dashboard Air Vent Suction Cup Mount, Fast Charging Auto Clamping Charger for iPhone Samsung LG,etc Most Qi Smartphone : Automotive

Watch Product Output device Gadget Communication Device

Same base, with a wireless charger built into to the phone holder. A little on the expensive side, but if it does all that you want, then it's worth it.

Be sure to verify the version that you need for your phone. There's an "AC" version and "CC" version, not sure what the difference is.

Have a good day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts