Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in Canada or the US where temperatures are now freezing or below does the heated steering wheel in your 2018 SL (or Platinum, ME or SV) turn on when you remote start your vehicle.

According to the brochure it should but there is no mention of this feature in the manual. I experimented today after the Mo had sat outside for a few hours, the temperature being below freezing. Remote start worked fine and there was airflow from the vents. But while the vehicle is in remote start mode, i.e. have not applied the brake and pressed the start button, the heated steering wheel does not and will not turn on. Once out of remote start mode it can be turned on and warms up very quickly.

Curious to know the experience of others before I head to the dealer.

By comparison all features work as advertised in our 2016 Altima SL.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My 2017 Platinum heated steering wheel turns on when I use the remote start in freezing temps.

Only thing that doesnt seem to turn on are the seats if they are in the off mode. Which is odd because manual says to turn off the heated seats when turning car off but then again they wont heat if the switch is off and remote start is used. Unless mine are broken....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Why would this turn itself on? Seems like it would stay off for safety reasons.
Why would it stay off for safety reasons? I dont know much about these things so it's a genuine question. I would assume it had temperature sensors and safety switches?

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you in Canada or the US where temperatures are now freezing or below does the heated steering wheel in your 2018 SL (or Platinum, ME or SV) turn on when you remote start your vehicle.

According to the brochure it should but there is no mention of this feature in the manual. I experimented today after the Mo had sat outside for a few hours, the temperature being below freezing. Remote start worked fine and there was airflow from the vents. But while the vehicle is in remote start mode, i.e. have not applied the brake and pressed the start button, the heated steering wheel does not and will not turn on. Once out of remote start mode it can be turned on and warms up very quickly.

Curious to know the experience of others before I head to the dealer.

By comparison all features work as advertised in our 2016 Altima SL.

Used remote start a few days ago on our 2018 Platinum and the heated steering wheel turned on automatically and even after I got in and started driving it remained on. The temp outside was about 1*C.

I know it hasn't always turned on, I'm assuming it depends on the ambient temperature.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 2017 Platinum heated steering wheel turns on when I use the remote start in freezing temps.

Only thing that doesnt seem to turn on are the seats if they are in the off mode. Which is odd because manual says to turn off the heated seats when turning car off but then again they wont heat if the switch is off and remote start is used. Unless mine are broken....

The seats won't turn on because the knobs are manual. They will turn on if you left them on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My '16 SL turns the wheel heat on in cooler temps when remote started, but as soon as I step on the brake pedal, the heater goes off. Heated seats are only controlled by the switches. No automatic features.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
KBrian
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing