Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2018 Murano SV with 6,000 miles on it. It was basically brand new. We now have about 10,000 miles on it. Since we got it, there is something that has been bothering me: If I'm traveling at highway speeds and hit a decent bump, I notice that the front end shifts a bit to the side. Just a bit of a "wobble" to the side when I hit a bump. The steering feels tight, and the sensation I feel isn't drastic. It's just a slight feel in the handling. I asked the dealer about it when I had the oil change and they said "it's probably just the tires". I really question that. Should I be feeling any type of "slop" when I hit a bump? My 2nd vehicle is a Honda Ridgeline with 170,000 miles on it, and I think it takes a bump better than the Murano!

·
Registered
237 Posts
You may have an issue with the front end. I am on my 3rd Murano and have never had a problem like you described. Only 10,000 miles, it's under warranty, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We purchased a 2018 Murano SV with 6,000 miles on it. It was basically brand new. We now have about 10,000 miles on it. Since we got it, there is something that has been bothering me: If I'm traveling at highway speeds and hit a decent bump, I notice that the front end shifts a bit to the side. Just a bit of a "wobble" to the side when I hit a bump. The steering feels tight, and the sensation I feel isn't drastic. It's just a slight feel in the handling. I asked the dealer about it when I had the oil change and they said "it's probably just the tires". I really question that. Should I be feeling any type of "slop" when I hit a bump? My 2nd vehicle is a Honda Ridgeline with 170,000 miles on it, and I think it takes a bump better than the Murano!
I have had similar experiences in other vehicles and exactly once in the Murano (it was a big bump). I think in most cases it is the structure of the bump, especially at highway speeds. The bump may be configured in such a way that it "steers" the tire a certain way resulting in the wobble. Tires are also a consideration. With 6 -10K miles you probably have the stock tires on it and stock tires are never the best tire. Since it's under warranty I would take to to the dealer to make sure it is not something more. At the very least they can put it through a check and make sure all the components in the front end are stable and within normal limits.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
First thing I'd check is tire pressure. You should be at or 2-4 pounds above the recommended tire pressures on all four corners. This firms up the tire sidewalls and improved handling. A low tire, especially in the back, will cause a wobble in steering response.

It's also worth checking the front end for loose suspension or steering parts. It's a pretty new car, but a bolt or connection can come loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts