Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just did the the backup camera recall service earlier today on my 2018 Murano SL with 15K on it up here in Toronto Canada.

It might be in my head but upon returning home, I noticed the back camera as well as front and mirror cameras seem to be grainy/less detailed/out of focused (more than in the past). There also some pixelation on the ground when reversing at the green guide line but when you get closer it gets better. In sunlight, camera seems to be overexposed and when moving everything is very low quality. Just tried it at night and with lights on back and front its just a large flash of light, can barely make out anything behind or front. Toggled night setting and its darker and a bit sharper but still seems to be lower quality than before.I also feel there is some noise and vibration of the image the guide lines but could be form vehicle vibrating when in idle.

I might be imaging and it was crappy the previously but I feel like it was not like this before. Anyone here get the recall done recently (which is supposed to be software only to disable the setting change ability and nothing else) experience something similar or have generally similar issue with camera before? Could the software update mess up the settings/quality/detail/ that was originally set? can I have them reverse it prior to the software update and let me compare? I never had the issue the recall was to take care of. Also to mentioned, I had the ICC module (distance/radar sensor?) replaced due to the having the common cruise control/obstruction error message come up. Don't think either are related but who knows.

I set up an appointment to come back on Tuesday but thought I'd ask for some input prior. Also will try to look at a camera on another Murano somehow to see if its the same or not.

Appreciate the input!

·
Registered
796 Posts
I did not notice any change when I had mine done And I back into my long driveway everyday. The recall fix only changed the settings so that a driver can’t black out the camera contrast and leave it that way. That said, it possible the dealer did something else that messed your resolution up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not notice any change when I had mine done And I back into my long driveway everyday. The recall fix only changed the settings so that a driver can’t black out the camera contrast and leave it that way. That said, it possible the dealer did something else that messed your resolution up.
Thanks for the input. I feel the same. I need to compare to another Murano camera to be certain. Driving today its not as obvious to me anymore because I am not staring at it but when looking at it for a few seconds it sure is not crisp (question is was it like that before or not) :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I haven't done the recall for the backup camera due to hearing a report or two of problems like the OP...

The Around View cameras video quality is very disappointing... It really should be high definition, or least good standard definition. I was really hoping they would have updated the system by the time I got my '19... I wish there was a way to improve it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone. Just did the the backup camera recall service earlier today on my 2018 Murano SL with 15K on it up here in Toronto Canada.

It might be in my head but upon returning home, I noticed the back camera as well as front and mirror cameras seem to be grainy/less detailed/out of focused (more than in the past). There also some pixelation on the ground when reversing at the green guide line but when you get closer it gets better. In sunlight, camera seems to be overexposed and when moving everything is very low quality. Just tried it at night and with lights on back and front its just a large flash of light, can barely make out anything behind or front. Toggled night setting and its darker and a bit sharper but still seems to be lower quality than before.I also feel there is some noise and vibration of the image the guide lines but could be form vehicle vibrating when in idle.

I might be imaging and it was crappy the previously but I feel like it was not like this before. Anyone here get the recall done recently (which is supposed to be software only to disable the setting change ability and nothing else) experience something similar or have generally similar issue with camera before? Could the software update mess up the settings/quality/detail/ that was originally set? can I have them reverse it prior to the software update and let me compare? I never had the issue the recall was to take care of. Also to mentioned, I had the ICC module (distance/radar sensor?) replaced due to the having the common cruise control/obstruction error message come up. Don't think either are related but who knows.

I set up an appointment to come back on Tuesday but thought I'd ask for some input prior. Also will try to look at a camera on another Murano somehow to see if its the same or not.

Appreciate the input!
Hi I have the same problem, I just trade my 2015 Murano to 2020 Murano. The camera quality seems bad compare to 2015 model. I am thinking because the new system mess up the camera resolution?

Did you bring back to the dealer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts