Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 19,000 miles on my tires and the dealership is saying I need to get new tires. Has any one else had issues with the quality of their tires on the Murano?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don’t have a 2018 but I know aside from sometimes the OEM tires on a car aren’t always the best quality for longevity that there are a lot of factors that could play into you needing new ones sooner than anticipated. Can you visibly tell you need new ones? Worn tread or uneven wear? Have you had a second opinion if you suspect you don’t really need to replace them yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have a 2018 but I know aside from sometimes the OEM tires on a car aren’t always the best quality for longevity that there are a lot of factors that could play into you needing new ones sooner than anticipated. Can you visibly tell you need new ones? Worn tread or uneven wear? Have you had a second opinion if you suspect you don’t really need to replace them yet?
I went to another place to get my alignment done (the dealership said I needed an alignment) and get a second opinion. The other place said I really didn't need an allignment- it was my tires that were not in good shape.. The salesman said he has never seen this before -- tires needing replaced with 19, 400 miles....

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
I've had tires wear out in 20K miles, but they were fairly inexpensive tires. You can see for yourself by checking the tread bars on the tires. Have you done that to confirm? If your tires are worn to the tread bars, you have reached the legal limit of tire wear.

There are lots of threads on tires here, especially in the tire and wheel forum. Muranos don't vary significantly from year to year, so those discussions can help you choose replacements. Also make sure to read the reviews online at Tire Rack.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Have not had that issue with any Murano I've owned but I did have that problem with my 2017 Maxima. The original Continentals were down to 2/32 at 23,000 miles. I contacted continental and was told that there was no mileage warranty on OEM tires, only on replacement tires. They did give me a case number for my tire dealer to call, which they did, and Continental gave me $89/tire credit on purchase of new Continental tires. I put on the DWS 06 tires on as I have used them in the past and got really good service out of them. I had the documentation that they were rotated every 7,000 miles so that may have helped. Now that I have said all that maybe you should get in touch with the manufacturer and you may get some credit toward a new set. Good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I went to another place to get my alignment done (the dealership said I needed an alignment) and get a second opinion. The other place said I really didn't need an allignment- it was my tires that were not in good shape.. The salesman said he has never seen this before -- tires needing replaced with 19, 400 miles....
I haven’t had my MO long enough to say but my first Rogue had some terrible OEM tires that had to be replaced before 20K. Had other cars that the OEM tires weren’t the greatest and I might get a little over 20K before it was time to change. The Michelins on my current MO appear to be a much better OEM than any of the other Nissans I’ve owned so I’m hopeful for good mileage especially with me sticking with the recommended rotations. But for the salesman saying they’ve never seen tires needing to be replaced in the timeframe must be fairly new to selling tires. Because unfortunately it can happen. Sometimes due to factors like how the customer drives and if the ever do rotations...sometimes from cheap tires just not lasting...it happens. Try what 2young2retire suggested

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL, Pearl White Midnight Edition
39 Posts
I've got 26,000 on my 18 Murano with original 20 inch Bridgestones. I know that tire has gotten poor reviews but they look good enough for another 20,000 miles. I do rotate regularly.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Worn tread or uneven wear? Have you had a second opinion if you suspect you don’t really need to replace them yet?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've got 26,000 on my 18 Murano with original 20 inch Bridgestones. I know that tire has gotten poor reviews but they look good enough for another 20,000 miles. I do rotate regularly.
I have about 20,000 miles on my 20 inch Bridgestones with about half the tread still there as well. I take them off for the winter, and when I put them back on, I rotate them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you have the 18" Michelins or the 20" Bridgestones?
I have about 23k miles and the 18" my tires can basically get me through another year, if not two. Are you rotating your tires?
And let's not forget that the dealership is there to make as much money as possible from you lol. 19k miles is too soon to be changing tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 19,000 miles on my tires and the dealership is saying I need to get new tires. Has any one else had issues with the quality of their tires on the Murano?
24K on my 2018 Murano. May have another 3-5K on tires. Looking for alternative to the Bridgestone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
got 30k on my factory Bridgestone, they had a little more life left however I am on the road traveling a lot and the Bridgestone were not good in heavy rain. They wore evenly, and were rotated at every oil change.
Replaced them with Michelin’s.....

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hopped in the car this morning, and about 1/4 mile down the road the dash lit up with a low tire warning. 8 lbs. in the LF. Luckily there was a gas station just around the corner. Love the auto tire pressure feature. Honks when the tire pressure reaches it's set pressure, 35 lbs. in my case.

Got home and found this screw in the middle of the tread.

Thankfully, I carry this patch kit, stored in the back compartment along with the tire jack.

10 minutes later, the tire was patched and properly inflated.

As I was adding air, I noticed that there was another small screw in the tire. If you look closely at the second photo, at top you can just make out the shank of the screw level with the tread. Looked like the head had been worn off. Using needle nose pliers, I was able to gently remove it without an issue.

The city did street sweeping last week and I'm wonder if doing that has brought some of the junk that's collected over the winter along curb out into the road. The street was actually dirtier after the sweeper went thru.

Looks like I need to inspect all the other tires sooner then later. Better include the wife's car also.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yeah, I find whenever a street sweeper has recently been down a road the chances of it kicking something into the road that can cause tire damage is relatively high, I cringe driving down the road whenever this occurs...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Same goes for breakdown lanes of highways, I avoid pulling into them if at all possible...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have found at 1 stage my rear Tyres wearing faster than normal. Only to discover that that the rear Tyres need alignment as well as the front.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have about 10k on my OEM 20” Bridgestones and they have worn very evenly... should get 30k out of them. They are not bad, but I would not buy them again.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts