Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Murano SL AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We have a 2018 Nissan Murano. The 3 year warranty is up soon. Are there any issues with the 2018 we should be aware of ? Is the CVT an issue for this model year ? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brian.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
It's hard to gauge the actual reliability of a 3 year-old car sans some major defect that would usually result in a recall or warranty extension. On the link that MuranoSL2003 provided--you really have to look at what the actual complaints are. Take this gem, for example, that claims a defective brake pedal...:rolleyes:

"On Jan 21, 2021 I was driving our Murano and was in the drive thru line at the county health department parking lot, to receive my covid-19 vaccination. As the line moved, I slightly pressed the gas pedal moving slowly up in the line. When the vehicle in front of me stopped I slid my foot to the left to press on the brake. My foot slid behind the brake pedal and I was unable to apply the brakes. My rate of travel was less than 2 mph, I placed the transmission in neutral in an attempt to stop the vehicle. The vehicle continued to coast as I tried to remove my foot from behind the brake petal. Moving my foot to the right it hit the side of the gas petal (the vehicle was still in neutral). As I struggled to free my foot, I was finally able to do so. Unfortunately, my vehicle bumped into the car in front of me. There is no damage to that person's car, my car receives some scratches on the bumper. My concern is if this would have happened while I was traveling at a higher rate of speed. This incident could have been a lot more serious and even fatal. I believe I did nothing wrong and there should be no way a person's foot can slide behind the brake pedal. Then, they must struggle to free their foot. "

BTW, this thread probably should be moved to the 3rd gen forums since it really isn't related to a member introduction.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
... and I'm pretty sure this complaint was a joke.

"I rented this vehicle from enterprise and while driving on old country road in westbury, new york, all of a sudden smoke filled the car and my foot felt really hot like it was on fire. This occurred suddenly without any warnings, causing me to lose visibility and crash into another vehicle and ultimately a tree. I lost consciousness."

Reactions: ont_hunter51

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I've researched the internet, issues, TSBs and little issues the car has now.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
The cruise control issue is the biggest one, I think. I ht a deer with my car when it only had 1500 miles on it, and that damaged the module. That was replaced (after 4 months of waiting for a part), and then the following year, on a trip to the beach, I kept getting the intermittent "Unavailable front radar obstruction" and it would quit working. My service dept knew of the problem, and told me to schedule a 4 hour appointment to reprogram something. This seemed to fix the problem, but I am always leery of the cruise in this car.

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
41 Posts
I've also got a 2018 SL. My 3-year warranty expired last month but before that happened, I extended my warranty to 84 months/70k miles. It's great I waited because our expected annual mileage is much lower than what I anticipated at purchase. I shopped online and got a deal on the warranty--$1613 US dollars. I'm not sure if that is possible in Canada.

I have bought a number of extended warranties and with a couple exceptions, most have saved me a LOT of money on major repairs. One repair like a radio head unit or other electronics problem can easily exceed $1600, so I feel fine paying that price for 4 additional years of warranty on the whole car.

My only non-recall repair so far has been the radar sensor "biscuit" under the grille, and a friend with a 2018 MO also had that part fail. (This means that Murano QC is consistent, at least...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've also got a 2018 SL. My 3-year warranty expired last month but before that happened, I extended my warranty to 84 months/70k miles. It's great I waited because our expected annual mileage is much lower than what I anticipated at purchase. I shopped online and got a deal on the warranty--$1613 US dollars. I'm not sure if that is possible in Canada.

I have bought a number of extended warranties and with a couple exceptions, most have saved me a LOT of money on major repairs. One repair like a radio head unit or other electronics problem can easily exceed $1600, so I feel fine paying that price for 4 additional years of warranty on the whole car.
Thanks ... i'll check it out.

Brian

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 2018 SV with the premium package and it has been a great car. No warranty issues at all in three years, 29,000 miles. I have never purchased extended warranty on any vehicles I have owned and really don't plan to. I keep most of my vehicles about 10 years or 100,000 miles and have never regretted not purchasing an extended warranty.

A 2001 Ford Focus bit me the worst needing to replace window regulators. A 1996 Ford Bronco needed new front hubs that were pricy. The Hondas (2) and Jeeps( 2) I have owned since 2000 have served me well and had no major issues. (Note to self, avoid Fords) ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,925 Posts
IN 100K miles I wouldn't be all that surprised about replacing window motors or hubs. It's a lot cheaper than car payments.

I keep most cars to around 150K miles, but I have at least two that I plan to drive to 200K miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts