Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2019 Murano CarPlay crackles non stop when I am making a phone call, to the point that I can’t use it. When I use Bluetooth for phone calls, the sound comes through perfectly. I had a 2022 loaner and had the same issue. I’ve ready different remedies from turning off Bluetooth on the car when using CarPlay to using a shorter cord (.5mm). Hasanyone had similar issues and any remedies you can offer? Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
My 2019 Murano CarPlay crackles non stop when I am making a phone call, to the point that I can’t use it. When I use Bluetooth for phone calls, the sound comes through perfectly. I had a 2022 loaner and had the same issue. I’ve ready different remedies from turning off Bluetooth on the car when using CarPlay to using a shorter cord (.5mm). Hasanyone had similar issues and any remedies you can offer? Thanks In Advance!
It could be the cables you have used, it's fussy...

Check out this thread:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be the cables you have used, it's fussy...

Check out this thread:
Thanks but unfortunately I’ve tried multiple cables, including the .5m apple cable, and I’ve had no long-term success. It’s really frustrating as I feel like I’ve exhausted all options and the dealership can’t seem to solve this issue either.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks but unfortunately I’ve tried multiple cables, including the .5m apple cable, and I’ve had no long-term success. It’s really frustrating as I feel like I’ve exhausted all options and the dealership can’t seem to solve this issue either.
Have you tried a different phone? It would be extremely unlikely that two different MY vehicles have the same issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried a different phone? It would be extremely unlikely that two different MY vehicles have the same issue.
Yep, that too. I tried my old iPhone X, my current iPhone 13, and my work iPhone which is an SE. i truly think Muranos have a weird connection issue or something internally with the hardwire/wiring creating these issues. I ordered another cord to try but I can’t think of what other variables on my end which would be creating these issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have figured out a workaround. If CarPlay is on and I'm on the phone, I have to be on the phone screen on Carplay. I can't be on anything else. If I'm using Waze or Maps and I'm on the phone, I have to either be on the Phone screen via Carplay and toggle back and forth while navigating or let the push notifications for directions appear at the bottom of the screen and just pay attention while on the phone. Hope that makes sense. I tried new cords they were not the problem. It's like Murano's CarPlay feature can't multi-task.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts