Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my brother just bought the 2019 Murano S and it was stolen after two weeks (no insurance coverage :( stupid I know its a long story.) It was lived in by the theif for 2 weeks.. theyve destroyed the head unit, ac control buttons, passenger flipdown mirror/sun visor, and the driver side mirror completely. ( doesnt have the 360 cameras) Anyone know what other year models are compatible for replacement parts? Or maybe a good site to start on? Used parts are preferred.. thank you guys for your time!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Actually, in terms of the mirrors, they vary year to year I think. I know for a fact that the 2017 and 2018 tilt slightly differently because when my passenger side mirror on my 2017 failed and was replaced by Nissan under warranty, it didnt tilt at the same speed and as far down as my driver side. Nissan looked into it and realized they ordered a 2018 and said "dont worry, we can adjust it". Eventually they learned that they cannot be adjusted and just replaced my driver side with a 2018 as well since I preferred the angle the 2018 tilted toward.

Not sure if this applies to other parts..

·
Super Moderator
8,422 Posts
The only part in your list that I'd guess might interchange is the sun visor. Otherwise there's a good chance the parts are year-specific. You might check with a parts guy at a dealership (explain your problem) and they may be able to tell you more about what fits. In a 2019 your chances of finding interchange parts listings are minimal.

I assume since there was no insurance coverage, that your brother paid cash (any loan would require coverage.) In that case, he ought to be financially able to order the needed parts new, and that's the appropriate way to go; it seems odd to install used parts on a new car. Courtesy Nissan Parts Online can provide some discount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts