Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The infotainment system in the 2019 Murano allows for OTA (over the air) system and navigation updates via WiFi or USB.

It also appears the map updates may be free finally! I have looked at the 2015 and 2019 navigation manuals, and only the 2015 manual mentions ordering map updates. I can find no mention anywhere in the 2019 navigation manual that there will be a charge for the 2019 map updates.

Here's a vid that shows the procedure being performed on a Rogue:

It will be interesting to see how all this works out...

·
Registered
599 Posts
I received an email yesterday from the "Nissan Navigation Team" offering $20.00 off for a pre-order for the annual year end map update on SD card.

Quote:
Available for the following vehicles equipped with navigation: Altima 2018, Murano 2015, Murano 2016, Murano 2017, Murano 2017.5, Murano 2018, Maxima 2016, Maxima 2017, Maxima 2018, GT-R 2017 and GT-R 2018.

No mention of the 2019 vehicles.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I upgraded my North American maps. It took ~20 minutes over my slow 3.7 Mb internet connection, then another 3 minutes for the head unit to install the maps update.

As you can see in the video I referenced, it appears you can add Canada, Mexico, and some states (presumably more detail for these areas?), etc. This would be helpful if traveling to those areas.

Of course, there is also the option of using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay for current maps.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Neat. Welcome to the 21st century, Nissan!

I wonder how long till I get a newer car or at least swap out my head unit for an Android one? Probably 10 years from now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
AltimaNEO
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing