Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. Not exactly a direct competitor to the Murano unless one opts for the 2.0L turbo in upper trims. The new base engine is a 3 cyl turbo with cylinder deactivation so it can run on only 2 cylinders for better fuel economy. I couldn't help but think what's next...A V twin from Harley Davidson with cylinder deactivation so it could run on only one cylinder???? Just being a little facetious.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That tiny three cylinder turbo charged engine produces 180 HP and 177 ft/lbs torque!

Poor little thing... lol

I can't imagine it would be very durable...

·
Super Moderator
7,888 Posts
1.5 L producing 180 HP is pretty amazing!! I remember when Ford came out with a V6 in the Mustang that put out a hair over 300 HP...that seemed like a near-miracle. The idea of cylinder deactivation on a 3-cylinder is just as amazing. Designing and engineering it to feel smooth must be a real trick.

Back in prehistorical times, my 1958 Fiat Spyder generated all of 63 HP from its 1.2 L engine. Of course, that basic engine was originally designed in 1938 and after WWII the Italians hadn't really upped their technological game by 1958.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts