Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All
I'm new to Murano's. I recently purchased a 2020 Murano sl with emergency braking and my problem is when I'm backing out of my drive way the emergency brake feature activates. I have no owners manual is there a way to lessen the sensitivity or turn this feature off.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
HI All
I'm new to Murano's. I recently purchased a 2020 Murano sl with emergency braking and my problem is when I'm backing out of my drive way the emergency brake feature activates. I have no owners manual is there a way to lessen the sensitivity or turn this feature off.
You can download an owner's manual from Nissan:

Yes, the owner's manual mentions these situations. If you keep light pressure on the brake pedal when backing up it should deactivate it. It can also be deactivated temporally in the settings (until the car is restarted). I also believe that if you press the Dynamic driver assistance button off (to the left of the steering wheel) it will act the same way as the settings, but I'm not sure. If you try it, let us know the results.

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Document

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can download an owner's manual from Nissan:

Yes, the owner's manual mentions these situations. If you keep light pressure on the brake pedal when backing up it should deactivate it. It can also be deactivated temporally in the settings (until the car is restarted). I also believe that if you press the Dynamic driver assistance button off (to the left of the steering wheel) it will act the same way as the settings, but I'm not sure. If you try it, let us know the results.

View attachment 55662
Thank you
Applying slight brake pressure overrides the E brake function and pressing the vdc switch turns off all the e brake functions until u turn the vehicle off. I wish Nissan would give owners the ability to adjust the sensitivity.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
Thank you
Applying slight brake pressure overrides the E brake function and pressing the vdc switch turns off all the e brake functions until u turn the vehicle off. I wish Nissan would give owners the ability to adjust the sensitivity.
Very few makes or models have adjustable sensitivity. I'm surprised using the brake lightly is a workaround. On most cars I've encountered the driver has to turn off the backup brake-safety system to override it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went up and down my driveway about 15 times and figured out if I press the brakes enough for the brake lights to come on and do no more than about 3 mph the sonar goes crazy but the e brake never comes on. My wife refuses to back down the driveway she’s gets scared of the sudden brakes coming on. If she doesn’t want to drive it now I might have to trade it in for something else

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
I went up and down my driveway about 15 times and figured out if I press the brakes enough for the brake lights to come on and do no more than about 3 mph the sonar goes crazy but the e brake never comes on. My wife refuses to back down the driveway she’s gets scared of the sudden brakes coming on. If she doesn’t want to drive it now I might have to trade it in for something else
It s really just a matter of learning the technology. There's nothing to be scared about.

We have had reports of members having problems with the vehicle braking in steep driveways which have a sharp angle change at the street. It's likely that many cars with backup sensing systems would be affected. If it can be turned off, you might just do that. My Jeep Grand Cherokee's system can be turned off, which is necessary when pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Have you tried pressing the VDC button prior to backing up, then pressing it again to reenable VDC? I'm not sure if this will disable to sonars alarms, but it's worth a try...

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
I'm wondering what it is that triggers the braking. Are there obstacles in the driveway or an acute angle where the driveway meets the street??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that works . Problem is it’s my wife’s car and she’s already starting to hate the car. I just bought it Friday nite and she’s nervous about going into reverse. My wife is very panicky. I have to train her lol to press the vdc button when reversing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i made an appt with my local Nissan dealer for Tuesday. Reason being my neighbor just bought a new fully loaded Nissan rouge yesterday with the e brake system and she can go down my driveway with no problem not even a beep from the sonar meanwhile i tried her driveway it did the same as mine stopped me at the bottom of the driveway. Hopefully something is broken in the e brake system,

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
i made an appt with my local Nissan dealer for Tuesday. Reason being my neighbor just bought a new fully loaded Nissan rouge yesterday with the e brake system and she can go down my driveway with no problem not even a beep from the sonar meanwhile i tried her driveway it did the same as mine stopped me at the bottom of the driveway. Hopefully something is broken in the e brake system,
Yeah, they maybe they have an update or adjustment for the RAB system that they can apply to your Murano so that it works the same as the Rogue. I would think they are the same system in both vehicles -- keep us updated.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
I hope they can make it work better for you. It does sound like you have a sensor that's wacky or some similar over-sensitive problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts