Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when we start the auto up in the morning the engine races for a second or two then settles back down to normal warn up. This appears to happen only when the vehicle is 'cold'. There doesn't seem to be any impact but I am concerned that this may have a long term issue as the oil has drained down from the cylinders etc etc.

So if anyone has information on this it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point I think it must be new car worries ( first in 9yrs) . Looks like it just jumps to just < 2k then settles back down to the usual warm up at 1.5k and slowly drops off to < 1k. So maybe its me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here car idles really high at startup, but only in the morning or car has been off for more than about 6 hrs. is this normal or should i be concerned. Car is literally brand new. 2020 nissan murano. Only had it for 2 months so far

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 2004 Murano for 11 years, and now I have a 2016 Murano for about 2 months, but both of them were doing the same. when engine is cold this is the way it starts up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here car idles really high at startup, but only in the morning or car has been off for more than about 6 hrs. is this normal or should i be concerned. Car is literally brand new. 2020 nissan murano. Only had it for 2 months so far

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good another question. wife just came home and said when she turns the temp down to 60 it feels like the ac is on. When she pulled into the garage it sounded like the cooling fan was on. Comments, thoughts?
thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have an 18 Murano and I believe the A/C will turn on when the setting is on "Auto" and the temp is set lower than the actual inside temperature. The cooling fan probably turns on with the A/C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fits with what I've read. Thing has a mind of its own but that's 'Auto'. Cooling fan usually runs when the ac is on in most cars. Did in our old Honda.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Higher idle at start up is normal for any vehicles, as others have stated. AC may under the right conditions engage even in cooler weather to remove moisture, plus it is recommend that you do purposely activate the AC a couple times during the winter months to keep is in optimal operating condition.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Fits with what I've read. Thing has a mind of its own but that's 'Auto'. Cooling fan usually runs when the ac is on in most cars. Did in our old Honda.
I never use the Auto setting for the HVAC. I found out years ago when I had my first car with that feature that it never does what you want it to do. I just set mine to the mode and temp I want.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I leave mine on auto, and adjust it up and downs a few to several degrees depending on the situation.

I have had to do this in my '00 Maxima, '03 Murano, and now in my '19 Murano. The sensor is on the dashboard I believe, and it gets false readings from solar heat gain, etc., until it normalizes with the interior temp is my take...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts