Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 2020 Platinum and everytime the liftgate closes or opens, there is an audible three loud beeps. I believe I had found the setting via the dash controls however in the "OFF" position, it seems to still produce the loud beeps. Anyone know how to turn it off..? I prefer a silent operating car--unless someone is trying to break in.

Brand new to forum. Looks great! This is my third Murano. Had owned 2006 and 2009 SL AWDs previously.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would guess it's considered a safety feature, and cannot be disabled in the settings...

I agree, it's annoying...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased 2020 Platinum and everytime the liftgate closes or opens, there is an audible three loud beeps. I believe I had found the setting via the dash controls however in the "OFF" position, it seems to still produce the loud beeps. Anyone know how to turn it off..? I prefer a silent operating car--unless someone is trying to break in.

Brand new to forum. Looks great! This is my third Murano. Had owned 2006 and 2009 SL AWDs previously.
Hey just wondering if you have noticed the lift gate being like dropping at the ne dloudly, and pulls in and pushes out when the auto lock occurs by cinching motor. See the attached video, and focus on the tail light at the very end of the video. You will see the motor pulls in the door and then it comes out a bit, but its like the whole life gate pulls downwards a bit

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2019 does this as well...did the same on my 2014. It is operating as it should...the pull in at the end insures a proper seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2019 does this as well...did the same on my 2014. It is operating as it should...the pull in at the end insures a proper seal.
I understand the pull. I was more curious about how the door comes back out after it sucks in, and by the roof joint it feels like the whole door is pulling down. May be it's just be being paranoid, because i also had the issue with Moon roof glass lid not aligned with the panoramic glass roof on 2020 Murano. They tried to aligned it but it's still not properly aligned. I am too embarrassed to keep going back to the stealership.

·
Registered
771 Posts

I disconnected the beeper on my 2010. There was a beeper module plug tucked up in the bumper. Folks here pointed me to a YouTube video on how to unplug - took less than 10 minutes. Assume it is pretty much the same on the gen 3 Murano, but I haven’t bothered to disconnect it.... it doesn’t seem as loud or maybe I’m just getting older 😄

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The 3 beeps are much less annoying that the previous generation, my 2012, that beeped all the way up and all the way down. It's a safety feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts