Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I tried RainX several decades ago on the outside of the windshield. I encountered the same greasy foggy surface film it creates, I have never used it again...

• Helpful
Reactions: PaulDay

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
I tried RainX several decades ago on the outside of the windshield. I encountered the same greasy foggy surface film it creates, I have never used it again...
Same here. The only RainX product I use is their wipers. They wipe clean and seem to last the longest as long as you clean them regularly. A qt of denatured alcohol and a ton of paper towels was needed to remove all that crap.

PS If you've used your current wipers on the treated windshield, you'll probably need to replace them after you get all the RainX off the windshield. Once that RainX gets into the wiper rubber, the blades will clatter and skip with light misty rains. Learned my lesson. Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Tried that RainX crap on the inside of my windshield also. I've tried several things to get it off, even acetone, no go. Next thing to try is wax, can't make it worse.

As far as the suction cup rings I don't think they are between the glass panes or they would not show up when the glass fogs.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
Suction cup rings or other marks can usually be removed with Bon AMI (mild Feldspar-based abrasive that won't scratch glass.)

·
Registered
318 Posts
You may want to rethink the Bon Ami. I used it on my windshield several years ago and had thousands of micro scratches. They could not be seen during the day but at night there were cloudy halos around every light, annoyed the crap out of me. Was annoyed every time I drove at night. There is a warning on the container but it is very small and not easily noticed. I knew it was there and it took me a while to find it again.

Font Circle Label Signage Rectangle

21 - 28 of 28 Posts