Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since losing the vast dashboard space of my 2003, I wanted a way to use the same laptop on the more compressed dashboard area of the 2021. This is a $5 angled spatula that slips into the CD-loading slot.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the ceiling-mounted sunglasses holder for something else (plus, I find that ceiling holder inconvenient for sunglasses), and the place I wanted to use was the empty corner to the left of the steering wheel. But, given the slope, smoothness and stiffness of the material, it was impossible to get my sunglasses to stay in place while taking a corner or even accelerating normally. I didn't want anything overly sticky or that looked boring or was more of an adverstisement for the company (ahem...Stanley) and I happened to find a silicone canning rack at Walmart for a few bucks, and it does the job. It's heat-resistant, so I don't foresee it melting onto the dash or leaving a residue or stain. If I was going to have my car parked longterm in the sun, I'd stow it. For about the same price, I could've just bought a roll of that orb-like shelf-live padding, but I hate the look of it.

Anyway, as you can see from the attachments, it can take on various shapes, and if I really wanted to use it for the area above the glovebox, I'd buy a second one and cut it to size.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts