Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since owning MO, I'd been trying to find a black, stackable, compartmentalized bin-like thing that I could lift out by a center handle that would nest/stack on top of another one and fit the console area fairly perfectly. After having no success finding what I wanted, I settled on the below items. With the Mainstays bins, the covers fit on snugly and will remain sealed lifting something heavy inside. There are different examples of configurations, using either three or four bins. I've found the easiest to use is two tall and two short (staggered), then place the Sistema cube on top of everything and the console cover closes fine. Once everything's back in place, there's still room for other things, as the pics show. The cigarette lighter adapter serves as a great place to hold some drive-thru bills. I'm in the process of modifying an old cigarette lighter adapter to become a holder for something near the USB ports. The Sistema works well, but I think for the final top layer I'll end up with a thinner, plastic screw organizer with a lid to hold random things, such as coins, batteries, SD cards, candy, etc. The walls of the center console taper as they go down, so the two top bins are very easy to remove, while the bottom ones are a bit more wedged against each other's lids, but they're still not difficult to lift out. Keeps everything organized, dust-free and easily removable without having a mess of loose crap on your front seat as you try to dig for something or do some interior cleaning.

Mainstays Stackable Pantry Containers, Set of 3

Sistema To Go Collection Lunch Cube

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I ended up doing was buying two of the Mainstays sets, and using two tall and two short, staggered - meaning a tall on the bottom-left, a short on the bottom-right, a short on top of the bottom-left, and a tall on top of the bottom-right. At Walmart in the arts and craft section, I found a 2-pack of oraganizing bins for $4 (the ones in the fishing department were much pricier and the selection wasn't as extensive as in the arts and craft section) and I keep one in the center console and another in the glovebox. I cut the hinge on the Sistema and used the covered half in the center console, and the opened half is in my toolbox being used for screws. Everything fits perfectly and the console cover closes easily without having to shift around anything.

Just updating in case anyone is interested in this stuff. What I really wanted was a series of 2-3 bins that were felt-lined and would fit that cavity fairly well. The handle would nest inside the one on top and at a slightly different height so that if I wanted to remove the top bin, I'd grab the top part of the handle. If I wanted to remove the two top bins, I'd grab further down in the opening to lift out both at once, etc. I found something close at a stationary store, but the handles didn't nest and the thing was too small, which would've left too much wasted space.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts