Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Murano Platinum
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently purchased 2021 Nissan Murano (Platinum) has an issue with NO Back Camera Display on dashboard when in reverse. I have read in previous model years a similiar issue was occurring. It occurred yesterday on 7 June 2021 but was working this morning.

I went to the Dealership at Miami-Doral Bill Seidle NIssan and they indicated they are aware of the issue of a black screen display on the dashboard when driving in reverse.

They service manager indicated that on 22 June 2021 a new software update is coming out on the streets which will correct this problem.

Another service manager indicated on my way out , that if it occurs again before the softward update, that I should open the back and close it . And that this manuever should correct the camera.... (HUH?).

Oh well , lets see if this software update works.

·
Super Moderator
8,925 Posts
As noted bluntly above, it's a warranty issue. You should be taken care of by the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
My recently purchased 2021 Nissan Murano (Platinum) has an issue with NO Back Camera Display on dashboard when in reverse. I have read in previous model years a similiar issue was occurring. It occurred yesterday on 7 June 2021 but was working this morning.

I went to the Dealership at Miami-Doral Bill Seidle NIssan and they indicated they are aware of the issue of a black screen display on the dashboard when driving in reverse.

They service manager indicated that on 22 June 2021 a new software update is coming out on the streets which will correct this problem.

Another service manager indicated on my way out , that if it occurs again before the softward update, that I should open the back and close it . And that this manuever should correct the camera.... (HUH?).

Oh well , lets see if this software update works.
Thanks for the heads up. Other's here on the forum who've reported the same issue with their '20 - '21 models will have the info and be able to go to the dealer and hopefully have their issue resolved also.

Please keep us updated. Thanks.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Subirats

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Yeah, I believe the OP's intent is not to get advice on what to do since the dealer is going to address the problem, but instead to let other 2021 owners know that this issue exists, what the fix is going to be (software update), and a temporary workaround (open/close the back door).

Reactions: Subirats
1 - 5 of 5 Posts