Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I had a 2018 Murano SV with the premium package. My lease was up so I leased a 2021 Murano Sv special edition. It doesn’t have a compass in the main screen between the speedometer and tachometer like my 2018 Murano. Does anyone know if it’s possible to have it displayed or did Nissan do away with it. It looks empty without it. Any guidance would be great. Thank you

·
Registered
700 Posts
On my 2021 SL, the info center between gauges shows two different compasses... One with MPH shown in the middle of the compass and the other with NAV road name and current outside weather icon. There's a setting in that menu that allows you to turn off or on what's displayed on that menu, and it's possible that someone disabled it.

With power activated (car doesn't have to be running) use the arrow key buttons on the left of the steering wheel to scroll to...
  • Settings (click down on the OK button on the left side of steering wheel)
  • Customize Display (click OK)
  • Main Menu Selection (click OK)
  • use OK button to toggle up/down through menu items, and press OK button to activate/show the item you want. When chosen to show it, the little dot will turn orange Note: on my system, both "Home" and "Navigation" will show the compass when turned on.
Once you're done selecting what you want, exit that menu and you'll hopefully have your compass back.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for all you help but the SV special edition doesn’t have a selection for navigation and home. I only have home 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Perhaps the compass data comes from the nav's GPS?

Did your '18 have Nissan navigation? How about your '21?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
54 Posts
I have a basic question: have you toggled thru the center display options with the long rocker button on the left side of the steering wheel? Should give tire pressures, stereo as primary display, fuel mileage and trip detail, and a couple different compass modes.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine too. Sad that a $41,755 price tag doesn’t come with it. They also did away with home link on the auto dimming mirror. I wish I could add power trunk lift.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I toggled through but didn’t see any compass selections
As I said in my first post, in my 2021 SL the compass appears when Home and/or Navigation is selected. There is no standalone "compass" to select. What MuranoSL2003 said is probably correct, in that without an active navigation system/subscription, the compass isn't available. A shame. It's also possible there's a setting within the head unit itself that might somehow activate GPS or whatever to enable certain functions to appear. Maybe even a firmware update might do the trick. You could just install an older Nissan rearview mirror that has the basic digital compass.

Probably a good idea to visit the place where you leased your MO and ask for help in having that feature enabled.

·
Super Moderator
8,989 Posts
If you really want a compass, as Cryogenix 1 noted you can buy an older Murano ear view mirror with one. It's easy to provide power to it - I did this to my Murano and wrote a "how to" that's in the 1st generation thread.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Might be easier and at least more current to simply use an aftermarket, all-in-one device, or a bet any cellphone has the ability to have a compass app installed...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Something you might consider checking out are the settings within the head/media unit. I haven't really bothered to fiddle with them because...just because. But today when I went into the home page settings and other things, I noticed there are widgets and shortcuts for various things to be added or deleted. Perhaps if you added something like "NAV" to the home page (if that's even possible) it might carry over to the between-gauges screen where then a compass might appear, or more options within the menu settings. I really can't imagine Nissan would deprive a new car of a simple compass and make you rely on a subscription to something to have it appear. I thought that NAV/MAPS was standard on all the 2021 Muranos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried the head unit but no luck. Maybe Nissan did leave out the compass on S and SV. Should have paid more for the SL. I noticed Nissan did away with other features I had on my 2018 with premium package. I thought a 2021 SV special edition would have more features. Should have did my homework more🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 - 20 of 29 Posts