Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
I was doing a little checking because I was curious, and I think the pertinent difference between the SV and the SL and Platinum is, the latter two trims have Nissan Connect w/Navigation, whereas the SV only has Nissan Connect... I think you've hit a road block and it can't be done without possibly upgrading (paying for) a Nissan Connect w/Nav package.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think you’re right. Thank god I only have 23 payments left. My wife loves the color. We got the blue. Very difficult to get

·
Super Moderator
8,981 Posts
Thank heavens for smart phones with navigation.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Not trying to make you feel badly, but I always thought leasing was supposed to be cheaper than buying. The price you said you paid is what it costs to buy a 2021 Platinum, at least in my area. The SL is cheaper, and the SV comes in around $33,000 in my area. I'm guessing the S is about 31K.

In any case, if it were me, I'd return to the place you leased your car and, if accurate, inform them that it was said or implied that your MO had a navigation system, but you can't seem to find it, so could they activate it for you. If they say it doesn't come equipped with NAV, tell them to rectify this by doing a NAV upgrade to your system since you paid top dollar for a stripped-down Murano.

Maybe they'll bite and pay for the software upgrade (I assume that's all it would entail) or maybe they'll ask you to pay half the cost, or maybe they'll put you in an SL for the same price. :) Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
694 Posts
While visiting many dealerships around me when MO shopping, all they stocked were AWD models, so the pricing I provided was for AWD Muranos. There's a glut of Nissan dealerships in the Northeast, which I think forces very competitive pricing in order to get business. If there aren't many dealerships around your area, that could be why the pricing is higher.

EDIT: Interesting...I just went to a few Nissan websites for some dealerships I'd visited in the Spring, and they no longer show the price, just a struck price or a "call for a price." Maybe they determined it was too easy for online shoppers to price compare, and instead wanted to try to get people to call or visit their dealership so they could make their pitch. That would allow them to be higher priced than other area dealerships for people who didn't really shop around much. Looks like the struck price for an SV AWD is $36K, so I'm guessing it's probably $35K. Maybe I was lucky in the timing of my MO, since Platinums were below $41K and lesser trims priced down accordingly. About a month after I bought my MO, the same dealer had my exact MO available for $3000 less. Figures. I know back then the SV AWD was being offered for $33K, but I didn't like it because of the cloth interior and wheels, etc. I didn't like the platinum because of the mocha interior, the wheels, and the seat texture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That’s fantastic that you saw it that low. I have never seen them that low unless your leaving $6000 down on a 10k / year

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not trying to make you feel badly, but I always thought leasing was supposed to be cheaper than buying. The price you said you paid is what it costs to buy a 2021 Platinum, at least in my area. The SL is cheaper, and the SV comes in around $33,000 in my area. I'm guessing the S is about 31K.

In any case, if it were me, I'd return to the place you leased your car and, if accurate, inform them that it was said or implied that your MO had a navigation system, but you can't seem to find it, so could they activate it for you. If they say it doesn't come equipped with NAV, tell them to rectify this by doing a NAV upgrade to your system since you paid top dollar for a stripped-down Murano.

Maybe they'll bite and pay for the software upgrade (I assume that's all it would entail) or maybe they'll ask you to pay half the cost, or maybe they'll put you in an SL for the same price. :) Might be worth a shot.
Yeah, leasing is cheaper than buying but you have to give the car back at the end of the lease 😂.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts