Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a 2018 Nissan Murano SL exterior color is Copper Orange with Beige leather interior. I am looking to change for 2022. I noticed the interior colors for 2021 have changed. The newest Murano that has the beige interior now has a black steering and the top of the dash is black as well . This doesnt appeal to me . My 2018 Murano has a beige steering wheel and beige dash that matches the beige seats and carpeting. Because of this, I will most likely go with a black interior. Anybody else think Nissan missed the boat on the interior colors clashing?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I currently have a 2018 Nissan Murano SL exterior color is Copper Orange with Beige leather interior. I am looking to change for 2022. I noticed the interior colors for 2021 have changed. The newest Murano that has the beige interior now has a black steering and the top of the dash is black as well . This doesnt appeal to me . My 2018 Murano has a beige steering wheel and beige dash that matches the beige seats and carpeting. Because of this, I will most likely go with a black interior. Anybody else think Nissan missed the boat on the interior colors clashing?
A lot of manufacturers moved to the two tone when it comes to a beige interior. Some things like carpet were to help with dirt and others I guess are aesthetic. I really loved my beige interior in my 2016 but hated the new faux wood in the new beige interior. I might still have gotten it but when I traded supply was a bit limited so I didn't get my first color choice. I have grey with the black interior. It's ok, but next time I will go back to beige.

Reactions: VermillionRed

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yeah, I don't particularly like the black steering wheel and dash in an otherwise beige interior, IMO it looks out of place...

I think most people who select a beige interior are aware of the extra care it will need, and would prefer all beige for a more impactful appearance of luxury...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Recently I was torn between keeping my 2015 Platinum AWD or trading for a 2020 or 2021 model. I have the cashmere interior and wanted to stay with the same when I traded. The decision to keep my 2015 was made easier when I saw the black steering wheel on the newer cashmere interiors. This combination appears to be the standard among many manufacturers as my wife's 2019 Lexus NX has beige interior and a black steering wheel. My guess is that it is a matter of economics rather than design.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Recently I was torn between keeping my 2015 Platinum AWD or trading for a 2020 or 2021 model. I have the cashmere interior and wanted to stay with the same when I traded. The decision to keep my 2015 was made easier when I saw the black steering wheel on the newer cashmere interiors. This combination appears to be the standard among many manufacturers as my wife's 2019 Lexus NX has beige interior and a black steering wheel. My guess is that it is a matter of economics rather than design.
I never thought about angle, I just assumed it was a design decision to mask grime. Are you saying it costs a significant amount more to dye something beige vs black? Or am I misunderstanding...

I nearly purchased a pearl white '19 with beige interior, but it just seemed a bit too luxurious for me, plus that black steering wheel just looked out of place...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I never thought about angle, I just assumed it was a design decision to mask grime. Are you saying it costs a significant amount more to dye something beige vs black? Or am I misunderstanding...

I nearly purchased a pearl white '19 with beige interior, but it just seemed a bit too luxurious for me, plus that black steering wheel just looked out of place...
It stands to reason that buying a single color in bulk is more economical than buying two versions of the same item. Why do you think Henry Ford said "they can have any color they want as long as it's black"? Cheaper to manufacturer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I don't particularly like the black steering wheel and dash in an otherwise beige interior, IMO it looks out of place...

I think most people who select a beige interior are aware of the extra care it will need, and would prefer all beige for a more impactful appearance of luxury...
Well said the black steering looks out of place in an all beige interior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts