Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been hearing this random noise even while in motion, and it's never a constant thing...just comes and goes. The tone is low enough where I can hear it over my music sometimes. Any thoughts on what it might be just from the video? Naturally, I'm thinking master cylinder or reservoir.

·
Registered
886 Posts
All Muranos do that, as I’ve had 3 since 2016 and they all did that since new. I believe it has to do with the transmission.

You’ll hear it when the car is fully warmed and you hop back in it after a quick run inside. Sometimes it may do it after even 30 minutes.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All Muranos do that, as I’ve had 3 since 2016 and they all did that since new. I believe it has to do with the transmission.

You’ll hear it when the car is fully warmed and you hop back in it after a quick run inside. Sometimes it may do it after even 30 minutes.
The noise was coming from two brake lines against the firewall that were touching and vibrating. I used a few 3-inch-long pieces of 3/16" vacuum hose and slit them lengthwise to fit over the lines to prevent contact.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The noise was coming from two brake lines against the firewall that were touching and vibrating. I used a few 3-inch-long pieces of 3/16" vacuum hose and slit them lengthwise to fit over the lines to prevent contact.
Oh. Glad you found it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts