Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 22,500 mile checkup done. The cost was roughly $130.00(high?) including parts and labor. My TPMS had been complaining that 1 tire was consistently lower than the rest, so I was always adding a few pounds.
When I brought the MO in for the 22.5 service, I told the SM that I suspected a slow leak in the left rear tire which was continually low on the TPMS. I told him that if the tire needed repair I would take it to the Goodyear shop that I have dealt with in the past. I also told him that in no way, shape or form, was he to put a brand new tire on or rotate the rear-slow-leak tire to the front of the vehicle. He assured me that all would be taken care of.
When I picked up the car, it turns out that they plugged the tire there and "apparently" didn't charge me for it. I'll be constantly monitoring the repaired tire and hope that it lasts as long as the others.
Also..............any way to tell whether the wiper blades have really been replaced other than asking outright? Mine were supposed to have been replaced at a previous checkup but I can't tell for sure.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
My thoughts...

When I picked up the car, it turns out that they plugged the tire there and "apparently" didn't charge me for it. I'll be constantly monitoring the repaired tire and hope that it lasts as long as the others.
Also..............any way to tell whether the wiper blades have really been replaced other than asking outright? Mine were supposed to have been replaced at a previous checkup but I can't tell for sure.
$130ish dollars for 22,500 maintenance is quite high. I did mine for around $80ish and i already thought i was paying for over priced service: oil and filter change (my own oil), tire rotation and balance (vehicle pulls to right), and a bunch of shady 'inspections'! :rolleyes:

I had one of my tire (front right) plugged by the dealer as well. There was a small nail punching through it. Goodyear and nissan do not cover road hazard though but good to know that they did not charge you for the tire plug...perhaps it is already included in the $130ish price tag ;)

For wiper blades, it is very easy to replace it yourself with bosch or aftermarket wiper blade. The size may not match exactly as OEM's (Murano wiper blade size is very unique i must say).

A way to tell old/new wiper blade is to install them together (one arm old, one arm new). Then wait until it rains, you will see the difference in new vs old wiper blde performance when they wipe off the raindrops from windshield. Sometimes, you can also visually tell old wiper blades are the ones where the rubber is all torn/worn out and thinned.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I'm so paranoid with things like that. If it was me, not that I would have the dealer do the 22K check. (No offense to those that have) but I would cut a small notch in each blade.

When I have my tires rotated I mark them. On two ocassions I've found at various places the tires where not rotated correctly, or half of the where done.

Its so frustrating... this isn't rocket science why do they make so many mistakes when working on cars?

"Rotate front to back.... loaf of bread, stick of butter, replace front wipper blades... or was is just one of them.... 1/2 gallon of milk & flowers for the wife." :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I hope they used a mushroom patch (where they patch it from the inside). The mushroom patch has both a patch and a plug. It is applied from the inside, and heated/melted/vulcanized to the interior of the tire. The plug sticking out (from the insiide) is then clipped from the outside, forming a double seal. This is the only tire repair I would trust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts