Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took a trip 300 miles from NYC to Erie PA. I filled up the tank with BP ultimate ($4.19 a gallon going and $4.13 coming back) I wanted to see how many MPGs I could get on my MO. So On the way there from NYC-PA I got 21.2 MPG and coming back 24.2. I thought to myself why did I get more comin back? I think it might have been because of the winds. Since the winds blow from west to east, maybe that mightve helped. Sounds kinda funny but thats the best conclusion I could come up with.

But Either way I thought I could only get 23 MPG highway and 15 city. I was surprised to get 24. Anybody else got anything higher?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an '11 LE AWD and I get 14.2l/100km (16.5MPG) in cities and i've gotten as high as 26MPG on my roadtrip once. What fuel grade do you use? Because In my experience, regular gas drops my mileage by approx 2 MPG In both cities and highways.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an '11 LE AWD and I get 14.2l/100km (16.5MPG) in cities and i've gotten as high as 26MPG on my roadtrip once. What fuel grade do you use? Because In my experience, regular gas drops my mileage by approx 2 MPG In both cities and highways.
I used BP Ultimate 93. Wow 26 is pretty high. Thats pretty good. My road trip was excatly 396 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread, we just came down last friday to Atlantic City. It was about a 4 hr trip. I zero'd everything out and got 26.3 MPG overall on the trip down. We leave tomorrow so I'll do the same and check it when we get home. I wish I could bring home some extra gas though...it's so cheap here in the armpit state!

·
Registered
252 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread, we just came down last friday to Atlantic City. It was about a 4 hr trip. I zero'd everything out and got 26.3 MPG overall on the trip down. We leave tomorrow so I'll do the same and check it when we get home. I wish I could bring home some extra gas though...it's so cheap here in the armpit state!

wow!

BTW, I can see the OP use the one in the instrument cluster.. I normally use the one in my radio/head unit.. I can see there is a big difference :(:eek:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
wow!

BTW, I can see the OP use the one in the instrument cluster.. I normally use the one in my radio/head unit.. I can see there is a big difference :(:eek:
I used both the one on the NAV screen as well as my own math to verify. It was VERY close.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I haven't gotten that mileage for a long trip. I posted a thread last week that I'd driven a round trip into the Rockies from 5,000 feet to over 11,000 feet and back, 310 miles total at 70-80 MPH, and got 23.2. I run Plus, not Premium. That's about the best I've ever gotten with my 07.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I know in my 2012 that I have gotten 23.2 mpg on a 280 mile trip. I had the same experience on an east - west trip this winter. Going west, into a head wind, I got 21.2 mpg. When I returned going east with a tail wind, I got 22.4. But I had less than 1000 miles on the car at that time.

I'm expecting better mileage as the vehicle gets more miles on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The biggest influence on mileage is speed. I recently did a 365 mile trip in my '11 SL and went 65 to 68 mph since we were in no hurry. At that speed I averaged 29, even with the need to go over 3 passes of 6000 ft. Used regular grade gasoline.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The biggest influence on mileage is speed. I recently did a 365 mile trip in my '11 SL and went 65 to 68 mph since we were in no hurry. At that speed I averaged 29, even with the need to go over 3 passes of 6000 ft. Used regular grade gasoline.

AVE.28 MPG is unbelievable. maybe your going down the hill or you reset it while cruising :27:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Got back yesterday from our trip to AC. Didn't do as well due to traffic probably but still managed about 24.6 MPG on reg fuel. I set cruise on 70 in the 65 MPH speed limit and 60 for 55. Keeping the speed down was key it seems. No weaving in and out with lots of on/off throttle either. Great transmission.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's really a good car. Folks who complain about the power, transmission, etc. should be driving an Infiniti FX instead.
You're right on Halwg!

If only I had a little more money, it would have been mine! :D

I still enjoy the Murano very much so. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got back yesterday from our trip to AC. Didn't do as well due to traffic probably but still managed about 24.6 MPG on reg fuel. I set cruise on 70 in the 65 MPH speed limit and 60 for 55. Keeping the speed down was key it seems. No weaving in and out with lots of on/off throttle either. Great transmission.
Good tips I never used the cruise button in my Altima. I gotta try some time.

So u just hit cruise while driving & that's it?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts