Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ya, even on my very mild highway trips, no wind and going about 70MPH constant, the best I get will be around 25.5 or so. Most highway trips closer to maybe 23.5-24 or so.

The aerodynamics of the vehicle simply will not allow it to go at a high speed and not use a good bit of gas.

Add in a fairly sizeable V-6 about 4500lbs with 2 people on board, and it simply is not ever going to be very fuel efficient.

I think the 2nd gen Murano has a slightly better Coefficient of drag and some slight changes to the CVT programming, but overall, still the same limitations basically.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We just got a new/demo 2014. Picked it up in Minnesota, drove back to Indiana. Driving 70+ with air on we got 23.6. That included a major traffic jam in Chicago (over an hour idling). I thought that was pretty good considering the posted highway estimate is 23. We used regular gas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Long term (over 15k miles) I average a straight 20 mpg but in cities and on short school drops, I get about 16/18 mpg. On a longer run at 70/8 mph I get 25/26 mpg.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts