Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Planning to get a 2005 Murano. The Nissan Canada site has the "3 Coat Pearl Paint" option (available for all colors). I assume this is done at the factory and is like having double the color options. Is that correct? Is it a better quality paint? Do you think the Platinum look better with or without it?
Thanks!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Please more details, What is this acceptance that the standard paint is thin or a dealer profit improver? Grip :confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
The only colour available in pearl is the white. White only comes in a pearl finish. It probably takes extra coats to give it the pearl effect. It's not available for all colours. If you notice on the site only choosing the white will give you a box that is allready checked.

Anyhow that's what I just got and I love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for clearing it up! My browser was doing strange things and showing the box on the other colors.

Centurion, does the rearview monitor only turns on when on reverse gear? or can you also turn in on while going forward.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The web site is a little screwd up. With the 2004s the pearl option only showed up when selecting White.

The rear view camera only comes on automically when you shift into Reverse. It is aimed downward to give you a birdseye view. You even see a little of the rear bumper. It is much better than the beep beep systems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Unfortunately it is not a better quality paint. I've had my MO for about 9 months and I have paint chips everywhere, even on the rear wheel arches, and it is quite obivous as it exposes a black-colored surface.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just had to do some body repair on my wife's pearl white Acura, and the body shop manager explained to me why pearl colors are called "three-coat" paint. Pearl colors have a base color coat, a second coat that has the metal flakes in it, and then a third, clear coat. With a regular metallic color as they're done today, the base color and metallic flakes are combined in one paint, which usually is then covered with a clear coat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts