Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we already have a thread on the 3 things we like, I thought it would be also good to talk about the things we hate.

Ok, maybe "hate" is too strong a word when it comes to a MO, how about 3 things you would have rather had differently?

I start off with these:

1- Reflection off the dashboard on windsheild on sunny days.
2- The fact that I can not figure out how to use the darn cargo net and no matter what I do, it still does not fit!
3- Automatic Climate Control kicks in whenever I turn on the fan to bring in fresh air and requires me to manually turn the A/C off and lower the tempreture setting.

Minor stuff, but irritating!

·
38 Posts
as far as the cargo net goes, did you get that with a particular package or pay extra for it? I have all of the packages on my MO but I didnt recieve one? or at least i think i didnt....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jackie, Didi you look in the compartments in the rear? I think mine was in the left one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For the missing cargo net do this:

Open the cargo area at the rear of the MO.

Put your hand over the left side storage area under the floor

Say "Abracadabra"

Open the left side storage area, and the cargo net will be there.

·
38 Posts
hmm... Im going to try that abracadabra thing right now ;)

·
38 Posts
well... it wasnt there- im fortunate enough to have a wonderful dealership that I really trust, esp. because im very good friends with the sales manager there...lol.. so i called them up and will be recieving my cargo net shortly. As far as those cargo compartments go... i didnt even know they were there!!!!! Those are pretty nifty!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought if you have the base model with no package options, you didn't get a cargo net.

Anyway, the thing I hate the most about my Murano, is the design of the windshield wipers. Cleaning the windshield is enough of a b!tch without the hassle of opening the hood just to lift the windshield wiper arms. That is the most idiotic design I've ever seen.

·
Registered
359 Posts
zebelkhan - The instructions in the manual leave a lot to be desired - something lost in the translation I think, but try this:

-Lay the cargo net flat on the rear deck with the nylon wrapped loops to the side.
-Hook those loops to the hooks that are just forward of the rear seat release handles on both sides.
-Now swing up either the front or back of the cargo net and hook the plastic hooks onto the "D" ring which is just below the Tonneau Cover bracket on each side.
-Repeat that process with the other section of the net

Voila - you're done, at least it should be. Now you should have a net across the back in front of which you can place small parcels or grocery bags that will for the most part be held in place when you close the hatch. Or really small items can be dropped in the net from the top...........

·
38 Posts
MarkY said:
I thought if you have the base model with no package options, you didn't get a cargo net.

I have a fully loaded MO.. including Nav, Touring and DVD packages... im pretty sure that means I get a cargo net lol;)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rjardine

Thanks for the instructions. I will try it tonight and if it works then that will be one item removed from my list.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Three things I dislike about the Murano (that are not defects):

1) Idiotic headlight switch, too easy to turn off the lights while signalling to change lanes. Also the full on setting on the switch cycles past auto while switching off the headlights, causing the HIDs to turn off then on, then off again. Bad for bulb longevity.

2) No MP3 capability. An MP3 CD player would have been great. The PAC aux adapter partially solves that, but I cannot display my song titles/info on any display screen.

3) Yeah the dash glares a lot on the windshield on a sunny day. Wish there was a sunglass holder near the sunroom controls.

·
Registered
542 Posts
3 things I dislike:

1. You can not replace the stock stereo unit because the AC and other controls are all on the same circuit board!!!

2. Stupid windshield wiper design!!!

3. Sunroof opening is a bit small.

Reaching for this last one because the first two are the only ones that really bug me.

That all said the rest of the car easily makes up for those shortcomings.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The 3 things i absolutely DO hate

1- Front wipers
2- Rear Wiper
3- Sequence on light switch

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Three things I hate:

1) People that whine about faults but don't work with the dealer to get them fixed.
2) Auto locking doors
3) NNA Marketing

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Hmm... let's see

1. The buffeting you get when you open the sunroof all the way but don't crack the rear windows (and yes I know about the special 2nd-to-last spot, its stupid)

2. The god forsaken steering wheel shake (I spoke up about it during the test drive but didn't think about following through until I joined this forum nearly a year later)

3. The material that the center armrest is made of got skanked up right away.

And as an aside, for the guys who complain about the glare, you should see mine! A car wash in Phoenix put some extra shiny stuff on the dash around Memorial Day (after I told them not to touch the inside of the car) and I *still* lose entire cars in the glare on sunny days months later. Its just terrible.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Here's a few off of my list:
1.) Dealerships. Took me 5 hours to get a good deal on my trade in and was actually leaving when they chased me down to deal. Everytime that I have taken it in to the dealer I have felt like an inconvenience, and several times that I have taken it in they did not fix the problem. The salesmen hound me while my car is getting serviced and I walk around their lot aimlessly wandering because it isn't safe to walk the highway and they won't give me a loaner.

2.) Aluminum Trim Thickness. A pen fell out of the center arm rest when I opened it and thus started the denting. I have about 3 dents in it. It kills me because I am meticulous about this car and its cleanliness.

3.) Exterior Paint Thickness. I am almost afraid to take highway trips with it because of how thin the paint it. I know that if I keep the car for 2 more years, like I have planned then I am probably going to have to get the hood and front bumper repainted. It's a shame.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
(a poem)

Snow,
Where did you buy your MO?
I gotta know.
So I won't go.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
MVT--
Since your from the burgh you should be very familiar with this...

West Hills Nissan :28:
Top of the runway
Moon Township!
262-9020!!!!!
262!!! 90!!!! 20!!!!

·
4,664 Posts
So far I agree with pretty well every 3 best and 3 worst. It's hard just to pick 3.... I blame dealers on NNA management, partially.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't hate anything really, but some small things:
- lack of a coherent place to store sunglasses
- storage layout in the console is dumb
- I'd like to see backlit controls on the steering wheel
- better radio reception
-painted bumper sills, it will be impossible not to scratch, should be rubber stripped.
-cup holders, all of them, are useless.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts