Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the most part, I think everyone here really likes their MO. I keep enjoying the cool stuff that this car has to offer. So just off the top of my head, here are 3 things that I like about this car. (In random order, and by no means the only things I like)

1. I like the Auto Up feature of the front windows, as well as the Auto Down with the remote.

2. I like how the climate control fan "ramps up" to speed when you first fire it up.

3. I like the storage area under the cargo mat. I finally have a respectable spot for my balls.... (golf)

Big or small, obvious or not, what are 3 of YOUR favorite things about your Murano? :confused:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
893 Posts
Here's my list:
1.) Options.

I like the Navigation System, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, Adjustable HID Lights, Power adjustable seats, Sunroof, TPMS, 6 Disc BOSE CD Changer and VDC. The car has so many features that whenever somebody new gets in my car I have to set aside a half an hour to talk about it. The best part is that if you don't want all of this you don't have to get it and you still have a great car to drive.

2.) CVT.

I have had 2 automatics and 1 manual transmission car before this and absolutely hated the way the automatics shifted. I wanted to get another manual or a smoother automatic when it came time to choose my next car. The Murano's transmission is as smooth as silk and extremely powerful the entire way through the band.

3.) AWD.

My last car was a Mustang GT and made living in Pittsburgh in the winters a hair raising experience. I (purposely) took the Murano out during every storm last year and did not get stuck for an instant in any inclimate weather. I always felt like I was in control even though the vehicle knew I wasn't and corrected itself using the VDC.

The list goes on but you only said 3.... :2:

·
Just wanna help
1,396 Posts
I like:

Murano cvt, so smooth. Always make me thing i am a good driver especially if i am driving agresively. (Ds)

The looks of Murano.
Somehow eventhough it is not a lexus or bmw m5 or audi S4, i got the same envy from those drivers when I get off rom my Murano.
Some people say: nice ride
Some people just : stare (it is impolite *not* to stare at MO)
Some people: aske questions
I own the vehicle for a year, and until today i got the same amount of attentions as the 1st week i have the car.

Cheap maintenance
All my prev cars have been euro (used and new), and believe me this nissan is cheap in maintenance in comparison. Oil change, regular schedule maintenance, hourly labor rate from dealership etc are *only* between 50% - 75% of the european cars.

·
5,264 Posts
1. the CVT and its smooooooooooothness.

2. engine!!!!

3. roominess

4. handling

5. look

6. performance

7. cargo area

ooooops, it supposed to be 3 items.......could not stop.:D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
See if you can list things specific to the MO. For example the ramp up on the fan and auto power down is pretty standard in cars. Here is what I like unique about the MO:

CVT - very nice.

Looks - I need not say more!

The interface to the environmental controls. I looked at the MDX and the overide settings and "what is going on" wasn't displayed. I like how the MO is layed out and how I can see what the MO is doing to keep my comfy.

The instrument cluster just love that.

Size of the tires... wow, they look great on this baby!

The cruise control indications... two lights... one when the system is armed and the other light when its actually engaged. Most cars only have one light. With one light you can't tell whether the CC is actually set or not until you play with the gas pedal. Bad HF design in the other cars.

opps I went over.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. Rear seat release handles. Love them.

2. Pause/Mute button.

3. The curved line of the dash that starts from the drivers door and ends at the passenger door.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Styling - I love looking at my MO!

Seats - superbly comfortable, memory settings

Real Tilt steering wheel that makes it so much easier to get in and out.:) Our Sebring convertible has one of those crappy adjustables that just won't get out your way.:3:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
1) The dedicated mute button (so useful, way better than the attenuator buttons on aftermarket decks)

2) The HID headlights (love the light)

3) That sweet engine/CVT combo (smooth smooth smooth)

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I hate to sound like a "me too" kinda guy, but I really love the way the CVT keeps the power from the engine at the ready at all times. We have a lot of roads around me that reduce from two lanes to one after coming off a light, so it really helps to beat the other guy off the line since I have full power all the way through from 0 to, well, whatever! No delays for shifting, manual or otherwise. After a year and a half in the Murano, automatics just sound weird to me when they run up prior to shifting.

1. I love the quickness off the line -- no mushiness at the low end of the torque, and it only gets better through the 30's, 40's and 50's.

2. The power that's always at the ready. 55 to 80 is great on a highway, especially when you mash it 3/4 of the way down.

3. The human interface stuff. Auto up/down windows, one touch sunroof, and the steering wheel controls.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
1) CVT.

2) CVT.

3) CVT.

118) CVT.

119) Car-like handling

120) Interior layout (comfort for both front and rear seats, layout of dash and console area)

·
4,648 Posts
Random picks, trying to stay away from all those other things that have been mentioned.

1) Orange... I love orange... I love the guages, and the copper colour and the fact that some people hate what I love...

2) Styling, it's unique, it's cool, and I have a weakness for 5 spoke wheels.

3) Drivetrain, brakes & suspension, as I'm not disappointed when I stop looking and start driving.

I stand by what I thought when I got it 20 months ago. It's my cool Hot Wheels car....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not only does the AC system smoothly spool up when starting on a hot day, but also I love how the sound system fades in when you turn it on, removing that shocking I-last-had-the-radio-on-with-the-windows-down-on-the-freeway syndrome :D .

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
My dealer told me that the auto up feature will be phased out for most new models for the choking hazard they provide to pets and children.

1. CVT The power delivery is superb

2. The brakes are extremely good on this car. I wouldn't be surpised if it stops better than my impreza.

3. The room it has for a vehicle of its size. The head room is spectacular anywhere in the car as well as rear seat room.

4. (if Corin can go to 120, im going to 4:2:) The sleeper factor. No one expects this thing to be able to keep with and explorer off the line. And when a ricer pulls up and has his fart muffler wailing, well...

·
Registered
62 Posts
1. The fact that the Sat button DOES work on the '03, despite what Nissan says.

2. How stable the MO feels cruising at 80...90...95...you get the idea. :roadtrip:

3. Massive amounts of leg room in the front. I'm used to my knees touching the dash when I ride most cars. Not even close in the MO.

·
4,648 Posts
gargoyle said:
1. The fact that the Sat button DOES work on the '03, despite what Nissan says.
No it doesn't... Didn't you read the sticker?:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
1. Style and looks

2. Smoothness of the ride at high speeds (does take bumps a little rough though, especially if you are sitting in back seat. hoping to upgrade suspension at some point)

3. I too liked the cool factor of being able to put down my windows using the remote. But I even improved on that. With the addition of my aftermarket alarm I now have one touch up and down on all 4 windows plus up and down control via my alarm remote and remote ignition start, although I did lose my memory seat function, but I guess you have to sacrifice something. I am hoping to find a way to at least get my seat to still slide in and out when ignition is started or stopped. so if any of you electronics whizzes know a way let me know.

One thing I HATE is not being able to replace the factory stereo because the AC and other controls are all on the same circuit board. Still trying to figure a way around that one.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
893 Posts
seaofdunes said:
My dealer told me that the auto up feature will be phased out for most new models for the choking hazard they provide to pets and children.
I think that if they built the functionality that Nissan has into the Murano then they won't have to worry about it. Try this: Stick your one arm out of the driver window and then hit the auto window up button. When the window detects your arm is preventing it from closing it will stop and roll it back down a couple of inches. Don't worry, it doesn't pinch too hard. This works on the front windows and sunroof.

*Disclaimer: If your car happens to go Christine on you I accept no responsibility.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts