Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My murano is 31k right now, seems like I need to do 30K service pretty soon. How important is it ? Or can anyone tell me which stuff that REALLY need to be replaced ? So I can just do that, instead the whole "mumbo-jumbo-services".

And I got a coupon $284.88 to do 30K Service in Nissan Downtown LA, is that decent price ? or good price ?

Any respond would be grreeeaatt :cool:

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
masboy-

Calling it a "Major" service interval is a misnomer. All that is really required is to change the oil & filter, rotate the tires, check fluid levels, and check the brake pads. They rest of the items on the check list are simple "inspect" items. Any reputable garage can handle it, and I am sure they are willing to do it for less than $284.88.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The above just about sums up what *needs* to be done at 30K. Something else though, that you might want to have done is to have the coolant drained and refilled (a flush is not necessary).

For LA, I would try to find an independent shop that specializes in Nissans or Japanese cars (I know one has to exist in LA!).

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
hype-r-29 said:
does tranny fluid or rear axle fluid need to be drained and refilled?
I think Nissan does not have a change interval for the transmission (CVT) fluid. The front transfer case and rear diff have a service interval of 60K I believe, but I don't see any harm in changing it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric L. said:
.....Nissans or Japanese cars (I know one has to exist in LA!).
can you tell me where in LA ? I saw a lot of independent shop put SPECIALIZE JAPANESE CAR in their banner sign, I just don't know which one that REALLY do.

Do you know any independent shop around LA that you can recommend ?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
masboy said:

can you tell me where in LA ? I saw a lot of independent shop put SPECIALIZE JAPANESE CAR in their banner sign, I just don't know which one that REALLY do.

Do you know any independent shop around LA that you can recommend ?
Search "the Mechan-X Files" on cartalk.com - actual customer reviews of the actual shops. I'm not from LA but my experience with a Japanese/Toyota speciality shop in San Francisco was pretty good, so thats why I recommend people try to find an independent shop like that (specializes in Japanese cars or Nissan) if the live in a part of the country where they can find one.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
hype-r-29-

According to Nissan, the rear axle fluid does not need to be changed, only inspected every 15,000 miles. However, if you are towing a trailer, carrying a car-top carrier, or driving on muddy roads they recommend changing the fluid every 30,000 miles or 24 months.

The tranny fluid appears to have been designed to last the life of the vehicle.

Keep in mind, there are many car fanatics (you know who you are; no offense intended) who recommend changing fluid levels much more frequently than is recommended by the auto manufacturer. Some people believe this will prolong the life of the car. While there is nothing wrong with this practice it can be quite expensive if you are not capable of doing the work yourself. Case in point - there are those out there who recommend changing the brake fluid every two years. It is a relatively easy job to do if you have the time, patience, tools, and the know-how. It can be expensive and inconvenient if you have the dealer do it.

For some people it is relaxing and fun to do preventative maintenance on their cars, to others it is an annoyance.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I would also change the transfer and diff fluid at 30K and while under there inspect for the infamouse transfer case leak. Of course if you don't use AWD on a dry surface :14: then you should be OK.

Also check your battery level... this is important too.

As a side note I plan on changing my CVT fluid at about 4 years/45K. I figure 4 years is a long time for any fluid in this type of environment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric L. said:

Search "the Mechan-X Files" on cartalk.com - actual customer reviews of the actual shops. I'm not from LA but my experience with a Japanese/Toyota speciality shop in San Francisco was pretty good, so thats why I recommend people try to find an independent shop like that (specializes in Japanese cars or Nissan) if the live in a part of the country where they can find one.
Thanks a lot !! I found one !! Thank you again !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts