Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the rims from the 35th anniversary 350 Z would fit on our muranos??is the bolt pattern the same?? were trading our murano in for an '05 glacier pearl SE soon and were debating on either getting the chromed sl rims put on or the 35th anniversary 350Z rims with more aggresive rubber put on. any help would be great

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will the TPMS work on the Z rims as well??

·
Registered
85 Posts
that's scary. yesterday i was staring at a Z on the nissan lot thinking the same thing. i like 'em! :29: :18: :4:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the deep center hub of the anniversary style wheels would look sweet with some nice 265 tires.

·
Registered
85 Posts
okay.... DON'T laugh at my photoshopping. :2:
it's the only shot i have of my '05. i think i'd do better with a shot that was straight on the side. :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
Heheh I always considered trading wheels with my wifes MO, but I have the 17" rims, and I imagine the 18s on the MO are not the lightest out there...

·
Registered
85 Posts
i went out yesterday and got a straight shot of the drivers side so i could do this a little better. not bad but a pro would have made them look a bit better. they are beautiful wheels. :18:

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Me LIke!!

Looks very good on your murano!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ohhh my godness they look better than i imagened them
do you think the stock 235's would stil be able to fit on an 8 inch wide rim??

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well just came back from the dealer. ordered our new murano and asked the salesman if we could get the 350 z rims put on. he said no because of the RWD configuration and said that the offset and bolt pattern is different. could someone compare the offset and bolt patter of the Z and the murano for me??

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone??

·
Registered
438 Posts
I checked tirerack for the bolt pattern. Both the Z and the MO have a 5-114 bolt pattern. Of course they don't carry oem wheels, but in an 18x8 fitment, they recommend a 35mm offset for both cars. So, at least on paper, it sounds like the Z wheels would at least bolt up OK. Having the wrong offset is certainly not going to cause rubbing problems given the huge wheelwells on the MO.

It appears the dealer doesn't know **** about his product. Big surprise there.

I can't imagine what they would charge for the anniversary Z wheels since OEM wheels are ridiculously overpriced already. Guessing a grand a pop?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I bet you'd be able to find 350z take off wheels for sale for reasonable $$ on the 350z forums like 350z driver.

Lots of guys are changing wheels over there......

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do you guys know of any websites that sell take off OEM wheels.

i had a spral with my dealer when we were ordering our new mo about the chrome SL rims. he said that there is no such thing and i eventually told him to go on the nissan canada website and proved him. he called me back with pricing for the rims. the cost $465 CDN dollars each rim!!!!. i could get them cheeper shipped over here from courtesy parts in the states. and i found out that the dealer only gives you 100 CDN dollars credit per wheel. what is s reasonable price for a brand new SE wheel if selling by owner??

·
Registered
177 Posts
nissanlove, I bought 17" 350Z rims off ebay for use as my winter rims here in Toronto and put Continental Winter 4x4 rubber on them. Rims plus shipping and border taxes cost about $550 Canadian from Georgia. The front rims are 7.5", the rear's are 8", I'm sure the same as the 350Z 18" rims. The bolt pattern is exactly the same, and the offset is either identical or close enough that you cannot see a difference. With 235/65/17's, they fit in the wheel wells nice, and look really awesome. You could easily upsize the rubber, but I plan to do that with my new summer rims.

I plan to sell my 18" SL rims, because I have bought SE rims off ebay in California for US$400, which is about the going price for a good set with no damage including centre caps. These wheels have been dropped off N/C for me at LA wheel and Tire for a brand new Millenium Black Chrome finish to be applied, which I am awaiting delivery on. Unlike regular chrome which is dipped, this is actually sprayed on and has far greater durability, and equals chrome plating in shine. I chose this revolutionary new black finish, which is actually more like a subdued Gunmetal, so it would not be quite so "bling-bling". The cost for the Black Chrome treatment was $810.00 Canadian, including chroming the centre caps, shipping to Canada and 3 year warranty. I expect there may be another charge at the border, but the wheels are coming to me clearly labelled only for "chrome plating of customers own rims", so it likely won't be much. My total cost, about C$1400.00 for the rims, which is still far less than the dealer, still Nissan quality, but totally unique. Will post pictures once they arrive and I get my "back-ordered" Toyo rubber for them. Hope this info helps in your decisions. Cheers!:7:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts