Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this picture of a 3M protective tape on hondapilot.org. Does anyone know where I can get this for Murano?

thanks,
webtekie

·
Registered
45 Posts
Holy Crap that's exactly what I need! Anybody know where to get this????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well when I release seat belt the buckle always hits the pillar, same with center console when I shuffle CDs and stuff. Would be useful for me. Also, has anybody seen similar thin plastic coating for hood, fenders, bumpers?

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you mean me.

I have some pics of the exterior in the Gallery.

I did put some pics up of the wiper blades awhile ago, and it's in my avatar. It's so clear it's hard to see.

Mikeyusa said:
Do you have pictures of what it looks like on your MO?

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
281 Posts
I applied 3M paint protection film on "B" pillar, no more dings.The film is available thru auto paint supply stores,not cheap tho.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Sounds like the perfect solution for the B pillar dings. Now if we can find a wide piece that would fit that area perfectly....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
MOpar How wide do we need and how wide does it come? Knowing you, it's a perfect job, how did you do it?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I, of the acetylene torch. Don't try a butane lighter or propane torch as they tend to leave carbon stains. The hair dryer or heat gun does not have a tight enough pattern.I have not tried them though.Be carefull!!

I applied a 5" x 12" piece of 3M Paint Protection film dry, then heated it with a hair dryer to work the adhesive into the grain.On paint the film is applied wet with a soap-water mixture, but it doesn't work on the grain. The film is available in 4,6,12 X 84" strips,
I also found some unnamed film sold in 8" by the foot. Just call some auto paint supply stores to see what they have or will order.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts