Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a Polished Pewter SE AWD 04 MO. I wanted to go ahead and get the clear film paint protection installed on the car. THe local dealer here in Springdale, AR told me that they use both 3M and Coultards films and that the Coultards films are better.

I believe that he said that the 3M films tend to show an orange peel effect once installed.

The prices he quoted are:
1.) Hood, fender, mirror kit - $239.95
2.) Bumper kit - $289.95
3.) Head lamp kit - $89.95

Any suggestions or advise will be very welcome.

Thank you,
Martin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My opinion is not to get either. I saw the clear film on a MO hood/bumper/front fenders and you can see the seams in the film. Basically the film did not tuck up under the edges of the body panels. It looked exactly like what you already have on the bottom of the rear doors/rear quarter panels. Seems like the edge would also hold alot of wax if you didn't stay on top of keeping them clean. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
You can get similar protection from front end bra, such as the one from Colgan. Its much less expensive, and don't believe what people say about how it damages the paint - it doesn't provided you wax your car frequently (i say every 2 months).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric, could you post a picture of your MO with the Colgan bra please? I wanted to have a chip protection without the visual (dis)appeal of a bra. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see your car.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
There are already pictures posted on this message board - try doing a search for Colgan bra.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would go with the clear bra...Check out the photos I have posted in the gallery..It has saved me a lot of time and money in getting some chips repaired...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am picking up my MO tonight !!
I would recommend the 3M product, lifetime warranty.
Call around and get pricing from detail shops. My Nissan dealer wanted $700 to do the entire front, I can get it at a detail shop for $400 !!
I will be dropping it off this week to get it done. I started another thread on this subject, with alot of great responses !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts