Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a2008 murano and the 4wd system is not working, can I transfer it to 2wd as we have leak of parts here in Lebanon. Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi, I have a2008 murano and the 4wd system is not working, can I transfer it to 2wd as we have leak of parts here in Lebanon. Thanks
If you remove the driveshaft that connects the transfer case to the rear differential then the car will effectively become 2WD (front-wheel drive to be specific).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you remove the driveshaft that connects the transfer case to the rear differential then the car will effectively become 2WD (front-wheel drive to be specific).
Hi thank you for the info I really needed it before I start trying to do so but my fear is done kind of sensor or elecyric component that gives order for the 4wd to operate and by this case it still do so all the time and the car won't run

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi thank you for the info I really needed it before I start trying to do so but my fear is done kind of sensor or elecyric component that gives order for the 4wd to operate and by this case it still do so all the time and the car won't run
There is a solenoid/clutch assembly in the rear differential that actuates all-wheel drive, but there is no "sensor" to detect that the driveshaft has been removed. As long as all the wheels are rotating at the same speed, the ECM and TCCM are ignorant to the fact that the car is operating in 2WD when it should be operating in all-wheel drive. However, should an event occur where the front and rear wheels are rotating at different speeds (e.g. you accelerate hard from a stop and spin the front tires) then they will notice via the different signals received from the wheel speed sensors and this will likely throw trouble codes and the VDC/AWD lights etc will probably light up on the dashboard. But, the car should still drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disconnect this plug on rear diff., dash light will be on but not a problem. FWD after disconnect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts