Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone

This is my first post as i only got my Murano SL last week.

Love the car but pocket book didn't allow for the LE so no nav.

I have nav on my iphone so was wondering if i could display in the video screen & it looks like i can with a little phone and nav hacking.

My phone is a 3gs and is jailbroken so i downloaded "display out" from cydia and bought some composite cables for $40 from apple.

When i hook up the composite cables to the video in in the center console the iphone displays on the back-up monitor when the handbrake is on so with a little nav on the go rewiring it looks like i will get sat nav operational for less than $50

Has anyone done this before? Any issues i am missing before i start pulling my new center console apart?

I did find that to listen to music from the iphone with sat nav i need to disconnect the usb from the cars ipod jack and just use the composite cables, i can then charge using the powerpoint & a cigarette charger using the usb on the composite cable.

Apple Composite AV Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Uh, I think you need to search for bypass, or screen output while driving. The aux connectors for video only work while the car is parked. I believe it is not a legal mod, which is why you do not see a whole lot of info out there on this. You may have to search outside this forum as well. I cant remember the specifics as to where I saw this.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
To enable video only would i just need to ground the green wire?

You can try just grounding the parking wire alone but I do believe you will also have to interrupt the VSS signal.

Do check your Nissan Factory Service Manual for proper terminal / wire for Parking brake and VSS signal.

To ground the parking brake (it does not need to be switched) :
Cut the parking brake signal wire which is the light green or green wire. You cut this light green or green wire and it gives you two ends. Now, the one end of that cut wire that is going into the terminal on the AV unit itself,
you splice to a 12 inch piece of copper wire and attach it to a grounding point. Now, the other end of the green wire that goes down into the dash to the brake, you just take some black electrical tape and place it over the end so the end is not left bare / no metal is showing.

VSS wire:
Cut the violet color VSS wire. You cut this wire and take some black electrical tape and place it over each of the two cut ends, so the ends are not left bare /so no metal is showing.

Here is an install review I did of a bypass kit install. Though you are not installing the bypass kit, you will find the pictures and info contained within that word file helpful in regard to dismantling the center stack.
http://www.auffarth.com/BillFolder/Murano/murano_over-ride.zip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You can try just grounding the parking wire alone but I do believe you will also have to interrupt the VSS signal.

Do check your Nissan Factory Service Manual for proper terminal / wire for Parking brake and VSS signal.

To ground the parking brake (it does not need to be switched) :
Cut the parking brake signal wire which is the light green or green wire. You cut this light green or green wire and it gives you two ends. Now, the one end of that cut wire that is going into the terminal on the AV unit itself,
you splice to a 12 inch piece of copper wire and attach it to a grounding point. Now, the other end of the green wire that goes down into the dash to the brake, you just take some black electrical tape and place it over the end so the end is not left bare / no metal is showing.

VSS wire:
Cut the violet color VSS wire. You cut this wire and take some black electrical tape and place it over each of the two cut ends, so the ends are not left bare /so no metal is showing.

Here is an install review I did of a bypass kit install. Though you are not installing the bypass kit, you will find the pictures and info contained within that word file helpful in regard to dismantling the center stack.
http://www.auffarth.com/BillFolder/Murano/murano_over-ride.zip

Thanks for the info much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts