Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Five months ago I posted here for help with my 2011 Murano Ti badly pulling to the left after having new tyres fitted.

Recap original post here https://www.nissanmurano.org/threads/urgent-help-2011-murano-strong-pull-to-left-above-60kph.222834/

Since then I have had the car checked by laser for straightness of the chassis, more wheel alignments, steering pump check and fluid bled out and replaced.
This damn thing is still pulling to the left, to the point it is wearing out a new set of Bridgestone Alenza's fitted April this year (having had the brand new Cooper GT's removed).
Independent mechanics and Nissan main dealer have tried +2 on the passenger front to steer away from the curb (driving on the other side here in Australia). Have also tried loading the back more to see if this would have an effect, no.
Have tried setting the steering wheel 8 degrees to the right, to try and fool the steering sensor into over compensation, didn't work. Have disconnected power steering, set everything back to neutral, still pulled to the left.
Then a slight change from the normal behaviour. I sat stationary and 'dry steered' full lock to the left then to the right, then hard acceleration to 100kph, no pull to the left, backed off the gas to 90kph, back to 100kph and it pulled to the left.
Yesterday, after bleeding the power steering pump, my mechanic fitted an aftermarket toe and castor adjuster kit, to try and get some more adjustment than just the normal camber only. It is much better, but still not right.
Been pulling my hair out since last February, and have thrown more money than I care to recall at this problem. I think it is a hydraulic issue because of the result after 'dry steering' also, Nissan techs have sat with computer connected in the car for a whole day, felt and saw the issue, but no faults were recorded.
Should we be looking anywhere else other than steering (rack bolts have all been checked and front steering bushes have been changed (although nothing could be found wrong with them) and front wheels. Oh, suspension has been dropped and checked also.
Thanks for any assistance.
Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
Five months ago I posted here for help with my 2011 Murano Ti badly pulling to the left after having new tyres fitted.

Recap original post here https://www.nissanmurano.org/threads/urgent-help-2011-murano-strong-pull-to-left-above-60kph.222834/

Since then I have had the car checked by laser for straightness of the chassis, more wheel alignments, steering pump check and fluid bled out and replaced.
This damn thing is still pulling to the left, to the point it is wearing out a new set of Bridgestone Alenza's fitted April this year (having had the brand new Cooper GT's removed).
Independent mechanics and Nissan main dealer have tried +2 on the passenger front to steer away from the curb (driving on the other side here in Australia). Have also tried loading the back more to see if this would have an effect, no.
Have tried setting the steering wheel 8 degrees to the right, to try and fool the steering sensor into over compensation, didn't work. Have disconnected power steering, set everything back to neutral, still pulled to the left.
Then a slight change from the normal behaviour. I sat stationary and 'dry steered' full lock to the left then to the right, then hard acceleration to 100kph, no pull to the left, backed off the gas to 90kph, back to 100kph and it pulled to the left.
Yesterday, after bleeding the power steering pump, my mechanic fitted an aftermarket toe and castor adjuster kit, to try and get some more adjustment than just the normal camber only. It is much better, but still not right.
Been pulling my hair out since last February, and have thrown more money than I care to recall at this problem. I think it is a hydraulic issue because of the result after 'dry steering' also, Nissan techs have sat with computer connected in the car for a whole day, felt and saw the issue, but no faults were recorded.
Should we be looking anywhere else other than steering (rack bolts have all been checked and front steering bushes have been changed (although nothing could be found wrong with them) and front wheels. Oh, suspension has been dropped and checked also.
Thanks for any assistance.
Andy
Problem is probably with right front brakes. They are probably not functioning properly, making the car pull to the left.. Check the bleed valve on the right wheel and make sure it is not blocked with rust or other foreign matter. May need to replace brake fluid which should be done every 4 or 5 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts