Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess you can call me the test dummy.

Here is the sceanrio:

On the left side of the road is a bunch of taxis waiting in line just prior to an intersection with a traffic light. Light turns green. I got stuck behind a cop at the intersection a little less then mid way through blocking a cross walk. Light turns red and I decide not to move. However since I'm blocking the cross walk I look behind me and see nobody and decide to backup a few feet to open up the cross walk. (What a nice guy.) :4:

During this time the taxi decided to pull out... a lot. I did not notice the cab to my left rear and while backing up was only looking in my rear view. Booonnkk! Hit the cab. :( I stepped out of the car and appologized. (I wish he tooted his horn at me.) We both look at the cars and no damage.

Thank goodness. So I can now officially say that they rear bumpers protected the car up to 2 MPH! :2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Phew, close call on that one. Glad you and your murano are alright :)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
At first I thought you were testing your rolling rear ender crash theory (foot off brake) :D

Glad to hear the Murano has decent bumpers.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Gonzo said:
Cute.... no I had it in D the hole time...... :4:
You were going in reverse while it was in D? Cool! :20:

(yeah, I know I'm a smart-ass...) :twak:

~ Corin

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hmmmn, I backed into an azalea bush at the dog groomer the other day and got a nasty scrub that just won't go away. Guess I should aim for another car so I don't damage the bumper cover??!

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Just don't hit the bumper on an angle.. (about 3 MPH)

4 days after having the MO, someone drove into the front of mine (while I was sitting in it.) it caved in the whole corner...

$1200 later... (His insurance covered it).

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
you need this to avoid future similar scenario...

During this time the taxi decided to pull out... a lot. I did not notice the cab to my left rear and while backing up was only looking in my rear view. Booonnkk! Hit the cab.
REAR BACK SENSOR or
REAR VIEW CAMERA

I installed mine and save me some minor fender bender. ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SugarRush,

Do you have any pictures of the install of your rear sensors? I was thinking about getting them it the install looked good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts