Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 MO that has 6.1 version in GPS. I ordered the 6.3 from Zenrin ($185.00 big ones !!), it just arrived and I noted that the picture on the DVD case is of a Pathfinder, furthermore, nothing on the DVD indicates a model but rather leads you to believe that this will fit any 04 Nissan product with GPS by Zenrin. Is this true ? I have tried to call Zenrin Help Desk a number of times but get either busy signal or recording. I'm hesitant to load it until I'm sure on this, any advice ??

·
Registered
202 Posts
The same DVD works in all Nissans with the DVD-based Nav system. I have an 03 Murano that came with the 6.1 disk and recently purchased and installed the 6.3 disk. No problems!

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info, I loaded it and it works perfect !! found some new roads I did not know existed !!

·
Registered
202 Posts
grkmpower said:
i kno 2 go from the 6.1 dvd to the 6.3 is a big diffrance.. but u think its worth 185 bucks to go from the 6.2 to the 6.3???
It probably depends on where you live (and where you drive) and how much disposable income you've got. If you take a look at the maps on the Zenrin site (http://www.zenrin.com), you'll see what the coverage for your area is and what has been changed from 6.2 to 6.3. For me, since I live in an area that's not routinely updated by Zenrin, it didn't make sense to upgrade from 6.1 to 6.2. However, there were substantial changes in the roads in areas where I drive (outside of my home town) that the upgrade to 6.3 seemed worth it to me. Even so, I just got back from a trip to Orlando and found at least two errors with road names and with the location or a major shopping center, so the maps still seem to need a bit of tweaking.

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me, the move to 6.3 made sense ! I live, work, travel, and play in the Washington DC/Virginia/West Virginia/Maryland areas, and the roads/housing development/new streets and highways/ etc. make it absoutely necessary that I have the newest version. Having said that, I also have discovered several mis-named streets, lanes and by-ways ! All in all, for me, it was worth the investment

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did upgrading from 6.1 to 6.3 change any of the other non NAV related menus associated with the Nav Package? Did any of the NAV options change?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lnichols said:
Did upgrading from 6.1 to 6.3 change any of the other non NAV related menus associated with the Nav Package? Did any of the NAV options change?
Have not yet noticed any changes with non-NAV menus nor NAV options. It appears that all 6.3 has done has updated roads/interchanges/lakes/street names etc. They have jazzed up some of the turn info markers and other stuff but....basically it still appears to only be a software update for the NAV info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts