Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Do you notice the glare??

Sorry my friend, it does not look right to me.

2 comments:

1. Your headlight housing is refllector type, not projector. You will caused glare to oncoming traffic if you put HID (kit or oem) in such housing. While the roads look brighter to you, it will blind the oncoming traffic. And I am not talking about improper adjustment of the light height or anything. Shine your light to a wall, HID pattern should look like this: ____/--------/------ . The pattern will be messed up if you put them inside nonprojector-type headlight. In addition, Armada seats really tall from the ground, so the glaring effect may be amplfied even more~

More about HID aiming and light pattern here:
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-aiming.htm

2. How long is the warranty of that HID kit of yours? 2 yrs? 3 yrs? 1 yr? Make sure you know how to claim the warranty and also able to find replacement parts for that specific HID kit brand of yours. Non philips/oscram hid kit (bulbs and ballast) especially the Taiwan or Korean's kit typically last not long; a yr or less is common. For more reading on HID retrofit kit and project, here is a very good start: http://faqlight.carpassion.info/.

However, you are still OK since your reflector headlight housings are clear lenses, not textured. The light pattern may be incorrect, but will not be totally wrong. The most important thing is that you are happy, right? :).

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Chris03HD-

You may like the look of the lights from the driver's seat, but what about the rest of us?

Unless the kit is DOT-approved it is not legal to use in the US.

A google of "NUXEN and HID" doesn't even yield a single hit. How safe and reliable can the product be if the manufacturer listed on the box is fictitious?

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would have liked to have seen the pics before you deleted them. Can you post again? I am just curious what they looked like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts