Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a feel if I got a good price on 7/100K mi Gold+Preferred warranty. I am currently @ 29750 mi and was thinking that it was a good time to purchase the extended warranty. I drive quite a bit, so I decided to go for the longest warranty possible.

I purchased this warranty from Connell Nissan in Oakland, CA for $1335, do you guys think this is "Kosher"?

Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Looks good.
What's your deductible?

Homer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$50

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I think it is just fine then.
I have the same warranty and I negotiated $1300 on the nose, back in Aug of 2003.
If I could have kept the $1300 in the market for $35, I would have been far ahead of the game.
Good job.

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I paid more than that for a silver one from capitol Nissan! So yours is a good deal. However, if you drive a lot, i.e. 20k miles or more per year, you should have gone for a 5 year 100k mile which would have been even cheaper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does this cover the exact same thing as when you buy at dealer new?

I just ordered my 06 MO last night. They quoted me $1995 for the Gold+Preferred with no deductable. They have it listed on my pre-order, but I can take it off when I sign the papers and take delivery.

Since I haven't actually purchased it yet, it sounds like I would be better off not getting it, and sending emails to local dealers asking for price quotes.

Can I do this purely over the internet or does the dealer need to see the car? Any tips on getting a cheaper than $1995?

·
5,244 Posts
Warmy

you are being overcharge. Most people reported paying somwhere in the vicinity of $1,300

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I did is to call pretty much all dealers in the area asking for a quote on a 7/100 K policy. Usually the finance manager is the person to ask to speak with. Only one dealer refused to give me the price over the phone. His justification was -- you are going to get my price quote and start calling other dealers with it --, well it was his loss. You have 3/36k mi to make up your mind about the extended warranty, so don't rush, unless you really have to have it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just tell them you never get a warranty

I told them I never get a warranty. I asked them if their cars were really that crappy that I needed a warranty. After several attempts to try to sell me the warranty. The gave me the "employee discount" haha and "more money on my trade in," making it a total of $1000. Just play hardball. They do have shorter warranties too.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
An extended warranty makes more sense on the Murano than any car I know.
I have only bought one once before for a Jaguar.....:D

But ............

CVT
1- very little knowledge available to fix this device
2 - Nissan policy to NOT fix it.
3 - replacement pricing averaging <> $6000 here on the forum.

IF you have 4Wd, there also seems to be a chronic problem with the transfer case.

And now, after a considerable length of time people are talking about Rear hatch warpage.....

Do you absolutely have to have one?
Of course not.
The odds are in your favor that there will never be a major repair done to your Murano.
And if you are the type that sells all your cars within 5 yrs..........much of your risk is still covered under warranty.
But if you keep your cars (like I do) an average of 7 years anyway, and the odds don't work for you, $1300 for this particular car with these particulat chronic problems, is chump change.

Homer

·
Registered
37 Posts
can you get an extended warranty after 50,000 miles?

Can you still get extended warranties after 50,000 miles? I have been putting 15k miles a year on every vehicle. Usually I keep cars only 3 yrs but this one I have been thinking of keeping 4 to 5.

After reading this forum and how much certain of the costs are - I am kicking myself for not buying an extended warranty. Specially if the trannys are $5,000.

My luck - mine will get fixed and then the new one will go at 60,100 miles and I am stuck with replacing it....

So - extended warranties still available or not?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes but the price goes up if you are:

A. cute
B. have a lead foot
C. are blonde
D. like to get to the shopping malls - NOW.
E. see B
F. Trannys dont like you??
G. if God knows the answer to this question!!!
H. You have a 64 convertible mustang that you have NOT wrecked the tranny on!!

:22:

Yes you can still get one, but odds are you won't need it. Check local dealers and on line for pricing. :)

·
5,244 Posts
Eh crunchberry,

I hope you have a good sense of humor...;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kris said:
Eh crunchberry,

I hope you have a good sense of humor...;)
As you can tell in my posts - I have a HUGE sense of humor!

as for needing a warranty - On FIVE (thought it was four - but then went thru it in my mind - every CAR I have owned but three I have had to replace the tranny.

My T-bird I spared since I turned it in after 10,000 miles so that might not count. (loved the car - but horrid in snow plus I broke my foot and it had a stick)

My 64 mustang - but the clutch is goign on it. Need to replace it one of these days. Please please dont tell me a clutch is the same thing as a tranny???

And there has to be one other car I have owned that I havent replaced it yet!!

Ok - down memory lane - all my trannys: ALL before 80k miles.
chevy citation (while in college)
sabel stationwagon
buick - crap cant remember the name of it
pontiac transport
dodge caravan

Yeah - I have had BORING cars - what can I say......

Thats why I LOVE and ADORE my murano.

Crunch

·
Registered
415 Posts
Crunch...what are you doing to your cars...geez? With your track record, you should most definitely get the extended warranty:2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Definetly get the warranty!!

Crunch, you must drive like my wife. I've known her for about 3 years and I think we've had her brakes changed 3 times. No tranny problems yet. I'd get the warranty with your history.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts