Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I got 7,000 miles on my 2006 and the brakes are squeaking or whining when coming to a stop, I looked at the rotors and it looks like the passenger side is not seated right on the rotor. I was just wondering if anybody knew if this would be covered under warranty due to the fact that there is only 7k on the car, any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
littlemurano06-

If it is a manufacturing defect then the repair is covered under the Basic Coverage warranty. If, however, the pads have simply worn unevenly then you are on your own and can expect no warranty consideration.

Let us know how the dealer handles this.

-njjoe

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it from my wifes driving habits but You never know. On her old car, 2000 acura integra w/ maunal trans. I didn't have to replace the brakes untill 72k so hopefully it is a defect and not her fault, the driver's side is fine but i'll try to get to the dealer this week, its as if the caliper is not floating properly, thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
You are probably still covered under the 1 year/12,000 miles "adjustment period" and that even covers wear items like brakes. So ask your dealer about it, and see if they will do anything about your case. If they say no, tell find a used Murano on the lot (there has to be one) and drive it to prove to them that *it* does not make brake noise, then why should yours?

Hopefully their used Murano won't have squeeky brakes either! Cross your fingers.

BTW, assuming the pads are wearing fine, brake noise is generally caused by the pad or pad backing vibrating against the caliper. This is "fixed" by applying grease to the pad back or shims.

You can check my brake pad change writeup (sticky) in the Maintenance section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts