Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 1993 Nissan Murano bought 19 months ago now has 90,000 miles on it and is still perfroming excellent. On top of that I am just now looking to replace my original Goodyear's. I have been amazed that these tires have performed so well. I actually think they are a little noisy especially now, But they are just now ready for the rubber yard. Dealer has been amazed at how long they lasted. The Murano has been in very little except for expected service and once for a A/C weld fracture. Otherwise the best car for my business so far.

Randy
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
Big Congrats! 90k on the stock tires, wow thats gotta be a record.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, You can believe it!!!

Stock tires with 90,000 miles. It is all highway miles but nothing special other than checking the air once a week. I am truly amazed myself but I am also very happy that I did not have to buy tires earlier. Now I just have to decide what I am to replace them with. I am interesetd in some twenties but not sure if the Goodyears come in that size. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Randy
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
Re: Yes, You can believe it!!!

ivnurse said:
Stock tires with 90,000 miles. It is all highway miles but nothing special other than checking the air once a week. I am truly amazed myself but I am also very happy that I did not have to buy tires earlier. Now I just have to decide what I am to replace them with. I am interesetd in some twenties but not sure if the Goodyears come in that size. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Randy
Why try to fix it if it ain't broken? I'd just stay with the OEM.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
Wow! 90K on stock tires! Simply amazing.

I am with zebelkhan, do not fix if ai't broken! Stay with GDY. If you do not believe read my Yokohama saga.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
I agree with Mr. Z... Why mess with success?

I can't imagine getting 90K out of the Goodyears, or anything else. You must be really easy on the gas, and rotate regularly... Has this been with the recommended tire pressure?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Until Today

Today on Mother's Day the transmission went bye bye. Driving down the road and then nothing but increased RPM's. No Drive no reverse nothing. No warning at all. This sucks. I am at this minute waiting on a tow truck. Sorry Guys.
Randy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
Ah man! Kind of sad to hear you report this in what was supposed to be a happy post. Update us on what the problem happened to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Wow I have 18,000 miles on my tires and rotate them everytime I change the oil(3500 miles) I'm getting new Eagles put on in 2 days(had to find them) What is the PSI in your Tires????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
Mr. A said:
Wow I have 18,000 miles on my tires and rotate them everytime I change the oil(3500 miles) I'm getting new Eagles put on in 2 days(had to find them) What is the PSI in your Tires????
Got 20K on my wheels and still have more than half meat left. Rotated only once at 16K. I keep 38psi cold.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
Might want to have the alignment checked if you're eating up tires... (translated, tyres)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Tires are fine.. had front end checked by dealer they said all your going to get is 20-25k at of them..I could get 5k more at of them but I'm driving to Disney World. And I don't want to take a chance on week tires.(More peace of mind then anything else). But it doesn't pull and tires dont show signs of abnormal wear.. Edges are alittle rounded. I've been telling the dealer since 3k on them, about the outside edges said thats normal for the MO...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Re: Until Today

ivnurse said:
Today on Mother's Day the transmission went bye bye. Driving down the road and then nothing but increased RPM's. No Drive no reverse nothing. No warning at all. This sucks. I am at this minute waiting on a tow truck. Sorry Guys.
Randy
Please post on the repair diagnoses, costs, and time. This is my major concern with the Murano is the first year of the CVT in this car. Love the MO, but concerned about the CVT reliability and maintenence costs. I have 40,000 now, Goodyears are still in great shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
not even 30k

My MO came with Dunlop Grantek 18'' i definitely need to change them now as i am running on sliks wasn't happy with the performance, what do you suggest for 18''?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts
Re: not even 30k

camkay said:
what do you suggest for 18''?
I'm at 60K miles on the original GY's, and they are still fine driving in the snow here in New England. But they are likely going to need replacement within the next year (probably before 70K). I don't think they will get through another inspection next Nov., and they certainly won't have enough tread left for another winter.

Still, I'm happy with over 60K on the original tires. I say the secret to tire longevity is regular rotation (every oil change) and pressure maintenance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
It was a typo for 2003.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top