Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ookay, it's not Murano, but it IS Nissan...

Did anyone catch this pic of a Maxima?

(img now fixed)

Man, I wish they kept that grille and those tires. Hoo-ha.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was really weird. Fixed it now.

The guy's site had a wonky cgi script displaying images. I guess he didn't allow off-site linking, hence the smiley guy.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Very :cool: Black Beauty................. I likey, but one of my pet peeves are the wheel rivets, I guess if I didn't have to clean them they'd be ok.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I didn't like the '04 Maxima when I first saw it - but it has slowly grown on me. I'd rather have a IS300 or an S4 - but in a pinch I'd take a new Max.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Looks a lot better with that traditional "slat" grille instead of the bubble thing they are putting on the 2004 nissan sedans. The slat grille reminds me of the VW Passat's grill.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Not only are the wheels/rotos/calipers PS'd, but there is a PS error on the right front tire. Otherwise, it looks very clean with that setup.

·
4,664 Posts
I still look at the new Maxima and wonder how they can take a body style that's so similar to the beautiful G35 and make it so ugly. I can't stand the Tooth and the Marty Feldman lights at the bottom that look like misplaced fog lights. From the side, (except for the front end) I quite like the car. The back end isn't so hot and frankly I think the Altima's a hotter looking car.

Having been in a 4th Gen Max and loving it (except for the hideous taillights) I was looking forward to the new Max. The new styling is part of what drove me to the Murano and even made me consider an Altima for a fraction of a second. If it wasn't the need for the addtional space, I'd probably be in a G35, not a Maxima.

But hey, we've all got different tastes. I still think the new Max is a kick A ride, just needs a new face... Drove a friend's and the drive will make you forget the looks....:15: :27:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts