Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
San Diego is cold now? I'm in Canada....lol I need to fix this asap. thx for the tip.

anyways, I did self dignosis and I'm getting code 25 which is sunload sensor problem.

I'll go for relay and then sonload sensor.

do you have any tip on removing the relay???

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sometimes when parts fail, they fail in batches and the entire supply in the country gets used up. I know that this happened many years ago (mid 90's) when there was a large number of starter failures on Maximas. Mine went (the car was only 1 1/2 years old so, of course, it was warranty covered), and Nissan gave me a substitute car while waiting for the depleted supply of starters at the time to get replenished. It's possible that this is currently happening with these blower motor relays.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's easy...just unscrew the panel under the steering wheel cover stick your hand uners the left side fuse panel and take out the upper relay and put it all back together

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and say we have seen blower fan relays go bad, its the relay behind the fuse panel inside the car as stated above.

Also, i know this is old and irrelevant but a UNIFIED METER assembly is a fancy word nissan calls their gauge cluster assembly. This is also a control module on the CAN system and if it fails it can lead to weird electrical issues but in this case i think your all on the money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I changed the blower relay and everything went back normal.

Thank you for everything. My dealer ask to change the unified amp. But I did it myself for $41 dollars.

Thx. I saved slot of money.

Love this forum.

Oh. One more thing There are two same relays. Blower relay is upper one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Simple Relay Fixed The Problem

After dealing with the annoying problem of the blower motor not turning on right away, I took it to a Nissan dealer here in San Antonio. The diagnosis was expensive to say the least. After reading the suggestions listed on this website, I tried the cheapest option first. I replaced the blower motor relay. Very simple fix that took about 10 minutes. The blower motor relay is located on the back side of the fuse block found by the driver side door. Worked like a charm and cost all of $20.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2006 Murano, it was the relay, I didn't have to go to the dealer to replace it, I ordered the part (RY640 or 20578) $30.00 and replaced it myself, it took me less than 5min, the relay is plugged in to the back of the fuse box that is located just above the front hood latch on the driver side lower left. The best way to do this is to pop the entire fuse box out (it is secured by two latches, one on top and one on the lower left side of the box) once you pop it out of its place, turn it so you can see the back, there are two blue relays, the top one controls the Blower motor and the bottom one controls the display screen/control indicators on the dash board. Those two relays are exactly the same, so to trouble shoot if its your relay that is acting up, just swap them for a minute and test your Blower fan by manually turning it to high. Once you confirm that its your relay, order it from Advance Auto parts, it takes 5 days for delivery. that's what I did and saved lots of money.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts