Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Mo has had an internittent problem with a "howling" sound I presume is coming from the A/C fan. It stops if I shut off the A/C or turn the fan way down. I've noticed that the fan speed knob actually vibrates when the noise is present! (You can feel it by touching the knob). My one trip to the dealer resulted in no problem while I was there... :(

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The only way to get the dealer to fix this is to have it act up when a technician is present, and they actually see it. This is one of the most frustrating aspects of Nissan dealers - their techs seem never able to reproduce those little problems that drive owners mad!

My advice is find a scenario where it always makes the noise, and then reproduce it for the dealership to hear (while the tech is sitting in the car). That should at least get them to acknowledge the problem, so if something really bad happens as a result (like your AC controls short out of the ventilation fan ends up on its death rattles) its still under warranty.

I had the AC fan replaced on my Maxima twice, and it took maybe 4 or 5 visits to convince them there was a problem. Finally it started making loud ticking noises (like a time bomb) and that got their attention.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts