Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ! New here at the Forum...
Quick question... I test drove a new Murano SE on Sunday, it was 85 degrees and humid. Does anyone have a problem with the air conditioning "keeping cool" ?
Thanks to all for any comments !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi All,

I live in San Diego. I have an '04 Murano and find the AC to work very well. In fact, I find myself turning the temp UP 'cause I get TOO cold! Of course, we haven't hit the hottest time of year, but no problems keeping cool so far.

Mark Linder

·
5,244 Posts
Last Saturday was a sunny, very humid day - 95F. No problem with AC. I just keep it at recyl.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
Yesterday in the Washington, D.C. area, it was 90 degrees. No problems for my 04 SE to keep up with cooling. Settings were on auto, 68 degrees F, recirculate.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
AC is good... I find that I use a sunny screen when I park to help keep the dash and vents cool but I set mine at 72° and its nice. I have had it when its 95° and humid here in the Northeast.

For those that said they use the AC on recirc all the time I would recommend against it. The fresh air is good to help keep the mold down in the core.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yep - recirculating is gooder for making it cool faster - however you can get more moisture.

I generally set mine at 60 and the wife sets her's at 72. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have my '03 MO for over a year, in the summer in south Louisiana. I never had a problem keeping cool. Typical summer weather is temps in the mid-upper 90's, humidity about equal to the temp.
The MO took it on and won!! :18:

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
George,

It hasn't gotten into the upper 90's here yet this summer (can't WAIT until July and August -- NOT) but one of the things I really like about the Mo is how fast the AC cools things down. I also like having more than four fan settings.

The rear air vents seem to cool the doggie compartment nicely, too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
While I do agree with the above posts in general, I've also certainly found that the Mo cools much better at freeway speeds than on surface streets or stationary. Seems like the aux electric fan that pushes air through the condenser is a bit on the weak side so lots of natural airflow helps a lot.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I've had no problems with the Murano's AC. I do wish however, that there is a way to push in cold air that is not heated. Even with the climate control set at 60, the air is still heated to 60.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have no problem with mine cooling off.. and I'm in 105 degrees! Of course, it's a "dry" heat... LOL

My problem with mine is that it likes to switch itself from recirc to fresh. Can't figure out why it does it.. any ideas?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I hate that too... eventually when the cabin cools it will open the recirc again. (I think it was when in auto when the fan speeds hits about three bars)

FYI did you know that if you hit the recirc button and then decide you want it back into "auto" mode you and press both recirc buttons, the lights will flash and then it is back into that auto mode for the recirc?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have to agree with eric - i've had my MO for two months now and love everything about it with one exception - i often wish i could just circulate cool air (below 18*c) with the fan without using the AC - i wonder why nissan set 18*c as the minimum? - cj

Eric L. said:
I've had no problems with the Murano's AC. I do wish however, that there is a way to push in cold air that is not heated. Even with the climate control set at 60, the air is still heated to 60.

·
Registered
8 Posts
gonzo

bigdogrambo what do you mean?

well for instance the temp. may be cool outside the car like 12*c but it's 25*c inside the car due to heating by the sun - without opening a window or using the AC sometimes i would like to just turn on the fan and circulate cool outside air inside the car - as far as i can tell, the coolest temp. the fan can circulate without the AC is 18*c which isn't really going to cool the car down inside - maybe i'm missing something but i asked the nissan salesman about this and he could find no way to use the fan to circulate outside air lower than 18*c - why do you suppose nissan chose 18*c as the minimum temp.? - does this make sense? - cj

i have to agree with eric - i've had my MO for two months now and love everything about it with one exception - i often wish i could just circulate cool air (below 18*c) with the fan without using the AC - i wonder why nissan set 18*c as the minimum? - cj

[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I think he is referring to the fact that the MO has "climate control".

When you have MANUAL AC and Heat, you can bring in the outside air at any time with the fan on at any temp.
So, you can have the Ac OFF AND the heat OFF and bring in some "brisk" fresh air at say, 50 degrees F.

You cannot do that with Climate Control.

Climate Control is ALWAYS automatic and ALWAYS "in charge".

It will HEAT the 50 degree air to 64 degrees minimum.

Homer

PS - NO idea why they chose 18C/64 F.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think you can bring in some outside air without using any heating or cooling with the Murano Automatic Climate control system.

I turn off the Automatic Climate control system, and then hit the mode button to direct the air flow. Each time you hit it it changes the outlets.

Now there's no fan blowing this air (which is what I really miss from previous vehicles) but you can get a small amount of outside air without using the Automatic Climate Control system.

It maybe my imagination but it also seems that if you set the temp that you want (say 60 when you want cool air) that it is cooler when you turn the system off and just hit the mode button than if you had set 72 for example.

This also helps your MPG, a little.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I do that all the time and if you just want the outside air in the cabin as the same temp as the outside (does that make sense) you can just turn off the AC and then set the temp down to 60°F

I wish I had more control over the AC or at least some more time to turn if off with AUTO mode. As soon as you press auto the AC comes on. In my wife's Lexus you press auto and you have about 2 seconds before the compressor kicks in. I'm not sure if its bad to press auto and then turn of the AC which results in a very short compressor cycle. If I can think of it I turn off the AC before starting.

I think I should just give in and let the Climate control do its thing ( as Nissan wanted me to do) but it kills me to have the AC on when the outside air is dry and temps are in the 60-70 range.

I would love to put in a swithc so at least I could override the compressor control. I would if the fuse was in the cabin but its not and I don't have the time to wire something into the engine compartment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts