Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a big gap between the outside temp reading and the inside of the car? I ask because on my MAX, when it was 86 outside, I would set the temp on my A/C to 76 and it would really cool down. With the MO, if it's 86 outside, if I set it at 76 with Auto control, the fan barely blows at the lowest setting. It doesn't feel like the temperature inside the cabin is anywhere near the76 setting but the sensor seems to think so. To get anywhere near the temperature that it should be, I have to lower it to the 60's. It doesn't make any sense? Has anyone else experienced this? :8:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I never had automatic climate control before the MO so I am not quite used to the idea of having the heat on while the AC is also going to keep a certain temperature (seems kind of wasteful to me). Yeah I find that unless I set the temp to be 65 or lower, the Murano doesn't cool down very much, unless its a blistering day, in which case my midnight blue murano is like an oven, so the AC responds accordingly.

·
Registered
485 Posts
On the contrary, I find that much like my old '90 300ZX, I can just set it to 76 and forget it, weather it be hot or cold outside. My only complaint would be that it doesn't adjust to the sun load properly, so I have to turn it a bit colder then driving into the sun.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I have had a couple of Nissans and find the auto temp works very well. You trully may have a problem. Is anything blocking the internal sensor? GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'm not sure if so much as wrong with the AC - maybe some of us just like it ice cold when we drive.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Living in Arizona that is hard to do a lot of the time, Now being a wonderful exception. GRIP :D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
DarkMeth, I also don't like having the AC run when its cool out with dry air. I typically leave the MO in Auto put turn off the AC for just that reason.

I also despize how it turns on the AC when I select recirc which I use for short periods when I'm behind a stink smelling exhaust car. :4:

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Same here, Gonzo. It took me a good month of fighting with the controls to figure out how to get it to do what I want it to. For the longest time, I would always do the "temp two-step" of hitting Auto then A/C to turn it off. Then my good friend Mike, msfiveiron, pointed out that the A/C really does help dry the air out, and in the winter, that liiiiiiitle touch of A/C does help clear the window, especially when you put the front defog on. Now, even though I do tend to overshoot the outside temp in both directions, I don't feel like I'm fighting with it anymore.

I guess I've found that when its hot out, its best to match the outside temp as best you can and then over 20 minutes, bring it down. Having that slow-on A/C fan doesn't do all that much of a favor for me. In the winter cold, I just use the seat heater to keep me warm until the heater kicks in. I had a rough time last week, where it took almost 10 minutes to clear the fog off my windshield. Way too long IMHO.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The windshield will always clear much quicker with the AC turned on. This is why when you switch to defog, the AC turns on automatically. I find though, that during the winter when its really cold out, the AC is not cold enough to equalize the temperature difference inside and out, and the inside still fogs up a little.

In case anyone is interested, the interior temp sensor is located near the ignition switch (behind a little plastic grate).

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Eric L. said:
In case anyone is interested, the interior temp sensor is located near the ignition switch (behind a little plastic grate).
Oh! I always thought that was the microphone for the automatic volume control. Now that I think about it, it was my friend's maxima that adjusted the volume by cabin noise, not speed as ours indicates.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I've never had a fogging issue even when I don't use the AC. I still use that two step method as you mention but I feel that a quick cycle of the compressor isn't good either. If you can believe it I actually try to avoid it and execute the two step method when the engine is off so as to avoid the quick compressor cycle.

I find in the winter if I start the airflow from the defrost (no AC) right from the start I have not fogging at all. Silly to have fogging when the air is like 10% RH hence the lack of the need for the AC to be running.

No if I just got into the car after a full day of skiing then I need the AC from all the extra moisture in the cabin.... wet equipment, perspiration etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts