Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted for a while.
I'm at 9 K and enjoying every mile.
Not a single problem since my last post.
However, there were two speeding tickets in a month!!!
One in New York City: 44 in 30 zone. The second: NJ, West Bound
Route 4 : 65 in 50 zone(@ 5:00a.m on Sunday?!)
These are my first traffic violations ever.
(I'm good at fighting parking tickets in NYC)
Is this just me ? Or it's Moorano makes you drive faster?
Any one has experienced such thing?

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
One of the reasons I had to get rid of the Xterra was the governor that kicked in religiously at 96mph -- it would just cut off the fuel supply. I've had the Mo up to 110 (someone cut me off and tried to lose me) and its stable as anything I've ridden in. I grew up in Jersey and had 28 points by the time I was 21 years old. I'm 33 now and have since moved out of the police state that is New Jersey, so they're all gone. The Mo doesn't make me drive any faster, it just lets me go as fast as I want to. ;)

·
4,664 Posts
Having a motorcycle that sounded and went like a race bike, was a cop magnet.

In spite of the bright Copper colour of my Murano, and the fact that it's hard to miss, I've not had cops chasing after me, trying to pull me over, much to my surprise. I like to drive swiftly, where appropriate, and have been reminding myself to slow down lately, because it's just so much fun!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I don't think the Murano is any more a cop magnet than any other crossover. At night the HIDs do attract cops though, but so does every other car with HIDs.

And yes I would agree, it is very hard to keep the MO at the speed limit. I got a ticket for 48 in a 35 (I was actually going faster, but the cop told me his radar had trouble locking on).

·
Registered
19 Posts
EasternPA said:
I've had the Mo up to 110 (someone cut me off and tried to lose me) and its stable as anything I've ridden in. I grew up in Jersey and had 28 points by the time I was 21 years old.
Damn you must have been real unlucky in NJ. Knock on wood, i have not been caught yet, but got real close when i was going 115 on rt-287. luckily the guy in front of me slowed down from 85 to 65 because there was a cop like 5 yards in front of me waiting to catch a speeder. had it not been for that guy i wuld have lost my license

·
Registered
59 Posts
lucky day

I got off with a warning doing 42 in a 25. I didn't even have my plates yet. It could have been the 2 baby seats I had in the back...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Valentine One Radar Detector! Best accessory you can buy. Pays for itself!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I got caught doing 149km/h in a 100km/h (92mph in a 62mph). I was going 160km/h (99mph) when he finally caught me. He dropped it down to 115km/h (71mph). It was the second ticket my Murano got that DAY. My roommate got caught earlier, and we switched drivers. :D

The only other time I got pulled over in my Murano was 2 weeks after I got it (Feb 03), and I think he just wanted to see it. He wasn't on the same road as me, didn't clock me, and drove 10 blocks to pull me over for a warning???

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
mafmaf22 said:

Damn you must have been real unlucky in NJ.
85 in a 55 Rte 1 South Brunswick (warning)
43 in a 25 North Brunswick
77 in a 55 Rte 1 New Brunswick by Cook College
54 in a 25 Aaron Rd North Brunswick
83 in a 55 Route 1 North Brunswick (warning)

One mischief night ('88, think Donnie Darko) I got stopped for executing a K-turn, something we're required to do in order to get a license, and they towed my car because he said the driver's door damage made the car unfit for the road. Then, when I was working 3rd shift on a desktop migration project, I got pulled over on 525 by 78 in Warren at 3am because "the light was out over my license plate". He made me explain where in Lebanon, NJ I lived relative to the Reservoir. Warning that night. And another time on route 1 in Princeton, I saw a cop matching the speed of each driver one at a time to run their plates in the computer. When he ran mine, he found that I had a suspended license. $500 ticket. At least he didn't tow me. But come on, he had zero probable cause to check everyone's plates, one at a time. "Driving at 3am" is not a suspicious enough activity to check everyone's identities and license status. Another night going through Princeton, I saw a cop off in the trees, and he pulled out and rode behind me for half a mile with his headlights hidden by the trunk of my car. When I didn't blink, he took off. Talk about harassment! I once got a ticket for forgetting my most recent insurance card at home, but the cop chose the statute that required me to appear before court. That came about b/c a girl (new driver) didn't see me coming up on the right and she decided to jump out of a "left turn only" lane -- scraped her car all the way down the side of mine. Tore her bumper off. And I drove away with a "must appear" ticket.

I've since moved to PA, and only got one ticket, for letting my temp tag go for 2 years on my GMC Jimmy ;) And even when I couldn't find my insurance card, he let me have my broker fax it to him and he never gave me a ticket! Can you tell how much I hate no, despise, NJ cops? They sicken me with their above-the-law attitude. Turnpike is different. I've had a cop flash me at 90mph on the NJ Turnpike just b/c he wanted to go by at 110 and pull into the rest area for a fill-up. Another time, also 90mph northbound at exit 9, I saw a cop gaining on me. I just moved over and he flew right on by.

But the FUNNIEST NJ turnpike story I have is this: I saw a bunch of cops with their light bars going gaining on me quickly around Newark Airport. I made room and watched a long motorcade of cops from NJ, Delaware, Maryland, Baltimore, and DC go flying by. And the last car in line? The Police Athletic League. No joke. They must have been missing some bats and balls at a neighborhood baseball game in Connecticut or something and needed to get them delivered ASAP. A PAL car?!?! I have no respect for authorities who abuse their powers. NONE WHATSOEVER.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"I have no respect for authorities who abuse their powers. NONE WHATSOEVER."

Makes us even.

Homer

·
Registered
31 Posts
reckless Z owner....

how fast does the Mo go or how fast have you been(not trying to hi-jack a thread!) ???I will admit to doing 140mph with my Z(ok ok...umm yeah I was blowing the carbon off of the spark plugs)...is the Mo goverend?? my gurl would kill me for experimeting on her MO

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: reckless Z owner....

zilverMO said:
how fast does the Mo go or how fast have you been(not trying to hi-jack a thread!) ???I will admit to doing 140mph with my Z(ok ok...umm yeah I was blowing the carbon off of the spark plugs)...is the Mo goverend?? my gurl would kill me for experimeting on her MO

The Murano is speed governed to 118mph, to match the T-speed rating on the OEM tires.

·
5,268 Posts
Yes, as per Eric post the speed is governed by computer - 118 mph.

115 mph is no problem whatsoever! You do not even feel it!:D

And no, MO is not a cop magnet.............

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Wow, nice picture!

How did it feel?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It might be a magnet.. I was doing 80 MPH in a 45.. a pickup truck passed and shortly after we both went through the trap... guess who got pulled over. Me. :(

I think I've been lucky... there was one time I was trying 75 MPH on the highway and a cop told me to slow down.... from his PA while we where both driving side by side. Scared the crap out of me! "You betta (boston accient) to get used to 55 and not 75 MPH." I can still hear his voice in my head.

I do find that the MO is so comfy to ride around 75-80. I tried to force myself to 65MPH (due to gas prices) but it has been difficult.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Perfectly stable, no darty'ness in the steering and no floating feelings from the suspension over minor rises/bumps. I'd love to kill the speed limiter, put in Z rated tires and hit the Bonneville Salt Flats with this thing... :D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I've had it up to 115mph over 10 times now. Lots of fun.

Just today they set up "radar signs", the signs that tell you how fast you're going, in both directions on my way to work... did I cause that? :D

At least I know my speedometer is very accurate.

·
4,664 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Common jaak,

do not be so sarcastic!!!!!:2:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts