Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Clicking from left front axle area when shifting from D to R, or vice versa, and when acclerating.

Solution: They said they replicated the problem and found the axle hub extremely dry. They lubed it with the specified grease and it went away.

2) Metallic rattling from left rear wheel area. They used chassis ears and called the left rear strut bad internally. They have ordered it and will be in next week sometime. I've taken struts apart before, and I don't see how the rattle could be coming from that, but who knows? At least they have actively replaced something.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I will let you know if either has fixed the problem. I know it's common for Murano owners to have both, so I figured I would post to let everyone know what they found out here.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I had the click in the front right. Dealer told me it was a bearing that needed adjusting. Since then no problems.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I picked up the MO, and the clicking in the front left wheel area is gone. Hold for parts for the new strut. Will arrive sometime next week, he said...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the clicking has stopped in the front. They ordered a rear left strut and have an appointment is on Tuesday to have it replaced. In the mean time, my service advisor found this....

He said they will check this before the strut is replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got that!!! It is really annoying, but I just haven't had time to take it in. I am glad they have a fix for it, I will try the ebrake thing myself...maybe I can adjust the brake myself.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the rear left rattle has not been fixed. They tried the TSB FIVE times and it is still there. They are stumped and have attached some wireless chassis ears all over the suspension. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow with some kind of prognosis hopefully.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have they checked the back bumper. I noticed if you bang the rear bumper enclosure with your hand it makes a similar sound to the one you get when driving over bumps. I don't know about chassis ears, but my hands have been very good at finding some of the rattles. Of course with the Murano I've had lot's of practice..lol.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they finally fixed. After having the vehicle for over one week, it WAS in the parking brake area. It took a platimun master tech. to find it. Not sure what it was but my parking brake level is a lot tighter now.

·
4,664 Posts
With the warmer weather and open windows, I've noticed mine's doing that as well... I'm interested to see what you find!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jaak,
Look at my post just prior to yours. It is the parking brake that needs to be adjusted. There is a TSB for it. Hope this helps.

Dustin

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just when I thought my problems were over...

I was driving to the movies with my wife tonight and all the sudden my SES light comes on. I stopped by Autozone and it was the P0442 code for, small EVAP system leak. For the problems I originally posted about in this thread, they did replace the left strut and it looked like they tore the entire rear left suspension apart to do it. Subsequently, all the EVAP lines run right around there. I got under there and looked at everything and everything seemed tight and all had clamps on it. Of course, I did check my gas cap and it was tight as well. Gonna call the dealer back tomorrow to schedule this one in....GREAT!:mad:

·
4,664 Posts
Dookie said:
Jaak,
Look at my post just prior to yours. It is the parking brake that needs to be adjusted. There is a TSB for it. Hope this helps.

Dustin
That makes sense, I'll look it up and do it. (Yes, I don't trust most mechanics and will do something myself instead if it's relatively easy...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts