Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in the Murano and have a few questions:

1. Will a mountain bike fit in it? The cargo area seems a bit small.

2. Anyone see acceleration numbers on the 2WD version? I have the C&D with the AWD at 7.5 sec 0-60. I would think the 2WD will be a little quicker because it should be a little lighter.

3. I have seen the Murano described as made for 2 couples, anyone have comments on comfort in the back seat with 3 adults? I had a Ford Explorer and 3 in the back seat were OK, and the Murano is listed as having more hip and shoulder room than an Explorer.

4. I read somewhere about a glare problem of the dash off the windsheild, and that charcoal interior would be better. Problem is, I think the light leather color is much nicer and elegant in appearance. Can anyone with the cafe latte interior comment on a glare problem?

Other comments: When I saw pictures of the FX-35/45 I thought that wold be the vehicle to have. I saw them in person today at my local Infiniti dealer and was quite disappointed. They look like station wagons lifted high due to 20 inch wheels. The back even slopes way down, taking away any SUV like appearance. The FX35 was 40k and the FX45 was 46k. I just wished Nissan would offer those engines in the Murano (280 & 315 hp). And the hood is just funky looking, very flat with odd indentations on either side , like to water channels built into it. The Murano is much more attractive in my opinion.

·
4,664 Posts
Haven't tried putting my mountain bike in the back, and don't intend to, as it's going to be pretty muddy when I get back to the vehicle.

So mine's going on a bike rack off a trailer mount.

Got the charcoal interior, 'cause I had the light one in my maxima and yes it looks nice, but it had a brown dash, not the light one the size of a stadium.

It also was tough to get rid of scuff marks on it. (You do actually mountain bike, right?)

Far as acceleration, get what you want, because you want it. If you want acceleration, shouldn't you be getting a car?

The back seat has good room for two people and would be cosy for three, but managable... Of course, it depends how big the people are!

My 2 cents... Anyone else?

·
Registered
82 Posts
jls:

1. i think a mountain bike will fit in the cargo area...laying down of course. standing up, not sure, even with the front wheel off. i agree with jaak, i wouldn't put a mountain bike in the cargo, it will dirty it up real quick/easy unless you have some kind of cargo cover. however, i plan on going a different route and put mine on a roof bike rack (by the way, i just saw one with ski racks in san jose, ca.)

2. acceleration, i think there will be little difference in FWD to AWD. 0-60 is at 7.8 and i think that is with AWD.

3. back seat, depends on how big the three people are. if the stats you saw about the comparison to the explorer are true, than that alone answers your question.

4. glare, i didn't see it. the reflection of the dash on the winshield, there's a little. then again, i've test drove it twice and both times, the interior was charcoal leather, which i prefer. the cafe colored interior does look really elegant however, it would be very high maintnance in keeping it looking elegant. i think no matter what color interior, there will be some kind of reflection of the dash on the winshield.

the fx? some like it, some don't. some call it a tall sports car, some call it a fast wagon. i agree with you though, the murano is a MORE attractive SUV. i can't wait to buy it!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My thoughts...

A mountain bike would certainly fit with the seat down on one side, but I think that a carrier on the outside sure makes more sense.

The back seat for three adults is fine - in fact, I was say it's as good as it gets -- no hump, good height from the floor, and a lot of leg room.

The acceleration is decidedly brisk; even without taking in the size of the vehicle. The roll-ons with the CVT in second are impressive. Really, if you want a 7 second vehicle I think you can either pony the extra cash for RX45 (which I'm guessing will make the grade given the extra 70 ponies) or get a sports car.

We have the cabernet interior, live in Hawaii where there's plenty of sun, and I haven't noticed any glare...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts