Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I currently have a 2003 Murano and am looking to lease a new one. I have an offer on the table for 42 months @ $350/month no money down, 15k/year. This is a 2004 SL, Sunroof, roof rack, AWD, leather - touring. Silly question - is this a good deal? Anyone else have similar numbers? I did the online calculators but of course they only give you a baseline, not actually what dealers are offering to get rid of the 04's.

Thanks in advance,
RZ

·
Registered
92 Posts
rzam2k said:
Hello,
I currently have a 2003 Murano and am looking to lease a new one. I have an offer on the table for 42 months @ $350/month no money down, 15k/year. This is a 2004 SL, Sunroof, roof rack, AWD, leather - touring. Silly question - is this a good deal? Anyone else have similar numbers? I did the online calculators but of course they only give you a baseline, not actually what dealers are offering to get rid of the 04's.

Thanks in advance,
RZ
Sounds not too bad, all except the 15k/year. Depends on how much you drive. You can get hit really big per mile for going over. In about a month now I have gone 3k.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realy am looking to see what others are paying for the same vehicle. The lease sounds too good to be true. The 15K I can live with.

Thanks,
RZ

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the same. They started at $430, went down to $350. They gave me a good deal on the first one I leased but it seems way too low. Papers aren't on the table so I can't see any hidden items. For reference, mine cost me $500 / month (20k miles) (39 months) but that was for a new, not a leftover. Not sure if this makes that much difference though.

RZ

·
Registered
781 Posts
the price seems killer. You might not have to pay up front - but they'll get you going out. I believe you have to make up the residuals i.e. how much you put in versus what the vehicle is worth when you get rid of it.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
350 is excellent, see if you can get the gold warranty thrown in for another 25.
Sure beats my lease. I have the 15k as well and will come in about 13k this year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good deal... Mine runs $399 for 39 months with 15k miles per year, no money down, just paid tax, title, and registration up front for an 04 SL with everything but Navigation... Got it end of July... You're probably getting those numbers because the 05's are here... Good luck...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why in the world would you buy a 'Gold Warranty' on a leased car that you'd only have 6 months past the standard warranty for over $1000, especially when you're putting under 15K per year on it??

Just curious as to your reasoning...

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
new lessee!

I just leased an '04 SL FWD w/touring and VDC. 42 months, zero down, $375/mo. 12,000 mile allowance per year.

I basically got the advertised deal; had a couple of add-ons (splash guards and floormats) that added a couple of bucks to it.

I think this is a good deal, the money factor was very low at .00082 (which translates to an interest rate of 1.97%), the residual was set at 54% of MSRP.

I still hate dealing with car dealers though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
by the way, the tax is included in that $375/month (7%).

Somehow they talked me into a "Lease-end wear and tear" policy for about $11/month extra. It is supposed to provide up to $5000 of wear and tears costs at the end of the lease term, and includes tires, upholstery, dents and dings, etc. Seemed like a decent deal to me; even though I baby my cars it gives peace of mind to some degree. I can turn the car in with dings and minor dents, bald tires, and not get hit with charges. Has anyone else looked into this policy?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Does that $11/month also includes warranty extention for the extra six months you will have the car after the factory warranty expires? Even if it does not, the extra $462 you will be paying in the next 3.5 years is worth the piece of mind you will have knowing most minor damages are covered. I bet you will need to replace the tires before the end of the lease though as I do not think they will last the full term.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No, I passed on the warranty extention. I am thinking about using a third-party for that.

The $11 is just the wear and tear stuff. You might be right about the tires; however I am a light driver and only put on about 8k miles per year.

·
5,244 Posts
The lease sounds good, thought tires - I replaced them at 27k miles

·
Registered
73 Posts
by the way, i'm new to this board just today. Have been reading it though for a while searching for the right car. My decision to buy (lease) a Murano was based partly on this board, I have found it very enlightening and informative.

I traded in a 2000 Audi S4 . . . almost cried when I handed over the keys! But i'm looking forward to 42 months in my silver w/black leather Murano!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts